GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Chronicles Of Riddick"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/08/04 at 22:48
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
A word of advice (well a few words of advice), go see this film as soon as it comes out. It's prequel with Vin Diesel (forgot what it's called now) wasn't that good, but this film is absorbing stuff. It's like a mix of Lord of the Rings and Star Wars, only ten times better. The visual effects are stunning and Riddick (Vin Diesel) is awesome. And there's a sequels on the way.

Definitely a film to contend with the best. Go see ASAP.
Mon 09/08/04 at 10:59
Regular
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
>
> But I can see him turning all poncy and good in this new film, and
> that won't do.

--

No-one can resist the Act-Good-And-You'll-Get-An-Oscar-My-Son aura of the Dench.
Mon 09/08/04 at 00:31
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Whats with the whole "Im-moving-so-fast-i-leave-a-trail" thing though?
Mon 09/08/04 at 00:29
Regular
Meka Dragon wrote:
> "The Continuing Adventures of See in the Dark Man!"

A1 :D

The attractive quality of riddicks character was he was potentially a danger to anyone and everyone. He was supposed to be an anti-hero - someone who only saves everyone as a result of trying to save his own skin. He was a good character because there was always the possibility he might gouge out someones eye and relieve himself on their brain.

But I can see him turning all poncy and good in this new film, and that won't do.

Still, you know I'll watch it anyway.
Mon 09/08/04 at 00:11
Regular
"None Stored"
The Ghost wrote:
> I'm watching it as soon as it comes out, does anyone know when it
> comes out?
>
> (If it comes out between the 14th and 21st i'll scream - Holiday)

August 27th
Sun 08/08/04 at 22:47
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
I'm watching it as soon as it comes out, does anyone know when it comes out?

(If it comes out between the 14th and 21st i'll scream - Holiday)
Sun 08/08/04 at 22:35
Regular
But...Judi Dench. Oscar for sure.
Sun 08/08/04 at 21:14
Regular
"not dead"
Pitch Black I liked. Riddick worked as a character as he could see in the dark, on a planet which was, as the title suggests, Pitch Black.

However, if you take that character and stick him elsewhere you have;

"The Continuing Adventures of See in the Dark Man!"

The only movie I could imagine to be worse than this would be if they made

"XxX in Space!"

But, oh no, Vin Diesel actually seems to believe that he IS Xander Cage, and acts like that anyway.

My favourite bit in the trailer is where he puts his hands on the candles, therefore making it really dark! I can't wait till that bit in the movie where he uses his excellent powers to fight in the dark!!1!

The story is that thetre were always further adventures in mind for this Riddick character, and yeah, I can believe that, but seems to be that as soon as Vin turned into a big star, the whole idea for these movies was blown out of proportion to turn it into big budget nonsense.
Sun 08/08/04 at 00:59
Regular
Pitch Black was good B-Movie alien stuff with Cole Hauser getting drugs through his eyeballs and Vin Diesel running about shaving his head menacingly.

Chronicles of Riddick will be CGI rubbish with Vin Diesel poncing about, $20 million richer and saying,

"Ah, but it's serious, we've got Judi Dench. Say something Judi."
"Hello."
"See? Read my lips - Oscar."
Sat 07/08/04 at 23:37
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I'm looking forward to it myself despite some negative reviews in the US, there a too few big budget sci-fi films these days and god knows after the Star Wars disappointment there have been even less to get excited about. There is one potential problem I can see though, 50 minutes was cut from the theatrical trailer for numerous reasons, but from what I hear this does leave some inconsistencies.

Still, I'll be going to see it.
Sat 07/08/04 at 22:48
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
A word of advice (well a few words of advice), go see this film as soon as it comes out. It's prequel with Vin Diesel (forgot what it's called now) wasn't that good, but this film is absorbing stuff. It's like a mix of Lord of the Rings and Star Wars, only ten times better. The visual effects are stunning and Riddick (Vin Diesel) is awesome. And there's a sequels on the way.

Definitely a film to contend with the best. Go see ASAP.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.