GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"UNDERPAID HEROES and OVERPAID LOSERS"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/07/04 at 17:11
Regular
"grows in nasty plac"
I know that I am not a powerful person and I cannot control the world, but if I could I would change the differences between footballers and doctors
/nurses

There are several million medical workers in the UK and not one of them have any respect. Most people direct their attention to footy players. What happened to Beckham when he broke his Meta Tarsal ey? He was fixed up by a doctor and nurses who are willing to help, but if there was no one to help Beckham wouldn’t play again. Did anyone stop to think and praise the person who repaired his magical foot – I seriously doubt it. Soon there might be no one to help...

Nurses should be paid more – they save lives. Football players should be paid less – they just kick round a spherical object. I don’t have a problem with football players (I support Man U) but they should just be paid less. Earning £10,000 a week is what a Nurse would be paid a year. In some countries doctors receive about £20 a month. Besides to become a doctor takes a lot of training and dedication. To become a Footballer you only have to kick the ball well. Ok they might say they train every week, which is good, but a doctor trains for years on ends.

There are tense moments in both jobs – tense when the penalties came against Portugal. But you cant imagine how tense a nurse is when having to make an amputation or deliver a baby.

Also a few days ago I was playing cricket and I injured my toe. The nurse who fixed me up was really nice. Also a few years ago I went to watch Chelsea train. We queued up for hours to get some autographs. My book was signed but some of the players got eggy. Nurses are much nicer.

I definitely think there should be a price limit on footballers, but the worst thing is that our fees are going towards for their wages. I know we pay taxes which go towards Hospitals, but that is decent money being spent because it saves lives.

Its not just doctors and nurses who deserve more money, there are also teachers. If there were no teachers then the Footballers wouldn’t be as far as they would be no. I know Physics or Maths doesn’t come into this, but being taught self – confidence in Nursery certainly does.

I know that it is not the footy players fault that they are paid so much, there is a lot of money in the game. I am just stating that Nurses deserve to paid more. It is very, very unlikely it will ever happen.

Well that is about all I can say. If there were no doctors (say they had gone on strike or somthin’) then maybe there would be less Football Players...
Fri 23/07/04 at 19:49
Regular
"gsybe you!"
VenomByte wrote:
>
>
> If you'd like to see doctors and nurses being paid more, where would
> you like to see the money to pay for them coming from?

In an ideal world, from the footy players themselves (direct transfer, i.e, not from a player to a nurse every month, but in general)

It's an old argument. The fact they've 'trained hard' is no excuse when they earn obscene amounts of money for doing in reality, something completelty and utterly pointless - which it is, compared to saving somebodies life.
Fri 23/07/04 at 18:26
Regular
"lets go back"
Doctors and nurses get paid pretty well and have job sercurity. I say pay bin men more. I hardly go to the doctors but i get my bins emptied once a week.
Fri 23/07/04 at 17:48
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Actually I seriously doubt it took much skill to fix his foot... most likely an X-ray, followed by saying "Yup, broken metatarsel. Avoiding any strain on that foot for a month".

When you accuse footballers of being paid far too much, you have to remember that these are the best of the best. These players haven't just trained for a few years to get into their profession, they've trained for pretty much their whole lives. Despite this, only a very small proportion ever reach the top level. If it were that easy to become a top footballer and earn so much money, everyone would be doing it. Put simply, playing football professionally is a more difficult career to get into than being a nurse - or a doctor, for that matter.

Not only this, but you don't pay their wages if you don't want to. Think they're earning too much? Fine. Don't go to see matches, don't subscribe to sky sports, and don't buy their merchandise.

I also think you should distinguish between doctors and nurses. Whilst both perform an admirable job, a nurse can be fully qualified in 3-4 years, whereas a doctor has to go through around nine years of training to be a GP, or up to 12 for a consultant. A newly qualified nurse will earn around £15,000 a year, and the average is around £22,000. A newly qualified consultant on the other hand, will get upwards of £50,000 a year - hardly a paltry sum.

If you'd like to see doctors and nurses being paid more, where would you like to see the money to pay for them coming from?
Fri 23/07/04 at 17:11
Regular
"grows in nasty plac"
I know that I am not a powerful person and I cannot control the world, but if I could I would change the differences between footballers and doctors
/nurses

There are several million medical workers in the UK and not one of them have any respect. Most people direct their attention to footy players. What happened to Beckham when he broke his Meta Tarsal ey? He was fixed up by a doctor and nurses who are willing to help, but if there was no one to help Beckham wouldn’t play again. Did anyone stop to think and praise the person who repaired his magical foot – I seriously doubt it. Soon there might be no one to help...

Nurses should be paid more – they save lives. Football players should be paid less – they just kick round a spherical object. I don’t have a problem with football players (I support Man U) but they should just be paid less. Earning £10,000 a week is what a Nurse would be paid a year. In some countries doctors receive about £20 a month. Besides to become a doctor takes a lot of training and dedication. To become a Footballer you only have to kick the ball well. Ok they might say they train every week, which is good, but a doctor trains for years on ends.

There are tense moments in both jobs – tense when the penalties came against Portugal. But you cant imagine how tense a nurse is when having to make an amputation or deliver a baby.

Also a few days ago I was playing cricket and I injured my toe. The nurse who fixed me up was really nice. Also a few years ago I went to watch Chelsea train. We queued up for hours to get some autographs. My book was signed but some of the players got eggy. Nurses are much nicer.

I definitely think there should be a price limit on footballers, but the worst thing is that our fees are going towards for their wages. I know we pay taxes which go towards Hospitals, but that is decent money being spent because it saves lives.

Its not just doctors and nurses who deserve more money, there are also teachers. If there were no teachers then the Footballers wouldn’t be as far as they would be no. I know Physics or Maths doesn’t come into this, but being taught self – confidence in Nursery certainly does.

I know that it is not the footy players fault that they are paid so much, there is a lot of money in the game. I am just stating that Nurses deserve to paid more. It is very, very unlikely it will ever happen.

Well that is about all I can say. If there were no doctors (say they had gone on strike or somthin’) then maybe there would be less Football Players...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.