GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nightmares"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/07/04 at 22:52
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I hadn't had a proper nightmare in aaaaaages until las**t night.

You know the ones, the ones which make you wake up in a cold sweat s**till quite scared from what has jus**t happened...

I can remember having two seperate dreams, the firs**t is a bit blurry but I can remember getting on the train at the s**tation with some people I work at to go into London, then ending up at my cousins house, which wasn't really his house.

There some scary sh*t happened that I can't remember much of but I remember waking up after I kicked the wall incredibly hard. I remember I wanted to kick something in my dream, I jus**t can't remember what, s**till whatever it was would have probably been knocked out, I haven't been able to put all my weight on that foot today because it hurts so much.

After that fun incident I dozed off to sleep again to receive a supposed phone call basically saying something and I was sh*tting myself again because it was related to the las**t dream and of course I thought it was all real...

Next one I can remember more of, and I'll probably remember more of it as I type this.

I remember driving my car up a multi s**torey car park that has like a spiral road to get to the top, (those who live in Romford will know the one, the exit of the Brewery.)

Anyway, on the firs**t floor I remember pointing out that there was a kangaroo jus**t sitting there, I jus**t laughed at it. Next floor I remember there being a rhino or something, it mus**t have chased the car because I remember jus**t seeing the rhino charge the car, the car moving and the rhino falling off of the edge.

Next floor I was out of the car, but in a massive room with two Lions (yes I was talking about a safari yes**terday, that's where this theme comes from!) There were loads of my mates around me and we were waiting for the lions to not look or something so that we could run pas**t them through a door into the next floor. (It mus**t have been a game or something...) Anyway, I remember the lions getting into bed and me being scared because I knew they were trying to trick us, then my mate walked back from the door having unlocked it. He was walking pas**t the bed as I walked out of the door because I was scared.

Next I know I'm running down the s**tairs jus**t hearing loads of screaming and shouting from above, I'm sh*tting bricks because I think they're chasing me down the s**tairs again.

Then I woke up again, sweating and rather shaken by the dream.

-

I would have been interes**ted to have heard what I mus**t have said in my sleep las**t night, I don't normally talk in my sleep but I remember shouting out loads, it was jus**t one of those random nights...

Bes**t part is that mos**t of what I dreamt about actually did play some part in the day before. I was talking about safari, I was talking about as a kid how we used to run down the car park drive. Someone mentioned about going to my cousins house...

It's all quite cool, and I've written loads so I'm going to s**top.

I'm not even going to proof read it either, there's gonna be so much wrong with it, my mind jus**t turned off for the las**t 10 mins and I jus**t typed...
Thu 15/07/04 at 15:21
Regular
"I dnt hv a cachfras"
mr evil wrote:
> i didn;t understand a word of that but anyway......

That's cos u r evil...
Thu 15/07/04 at 14:47
Regular
"muhaha (Im laughing"
WoopWoop wrote:
> RastaBillySkank wrote:
> That's pretty disturbing, as that is a well known nightmare type
> thang. Can't remember the details of it (heard about it years ago)
> but there's a special name for a creature that comes and sits on
> your
> chest in a nightmare. It's reported that the people who suffer this
> feel as if they are awake and often they have trouble breathing and
> are parylysed while the creature sits on them.
>
> Odd.
>
> Yes, I did some research into it. It's a demon called a
> "mare" that comes out at nite. Hence the name
> "nightmare". It occurs during deep R.E.M. Sleep. REM is not
> a band in this case, but is infact a way that the body protects
> itself so it doesn't roll out of bed, etc. This is why you get the
> paralysed feeling.
>
> It really was a scary dream, but I only ever had it once. Another one
> I remember having actually is when I was like 6 and I remember going
> to loo, only to have 4 arms grab me from under by bed and try to pull
> me under. I felt them and all... I hate the human brain, it's a tossa
> and it knows it!

i didn;t understand a word of that but anyway......
Thu 15/07/04 at 14:31
Regular
"I dnt hv a cachfras"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> That's pretty disturbing, as that is a well known nightmare type
> thang. Can't remember the details of it (heard about it years ago)
> but there's a special name for a creature that comes and sits on your
> chest in a nightmare. It's reported that the people who suffer this
> feel as if they are awake and often they have trouble breathing and
> are parylysed while the creature sits on them.
>
> Odd.

Yes, I did some research into it. It's a demon called a "mare" that comes out at nite. Hence the name "nightmare". It occurs during deep R.E.M. Sleep. REM is not a band in this case, but is infact a way that the body protects itself so it doesn't roll out of bed, etc. This is why you get the paralysed feeling.

It really was a scary dream, but I only ever had it once. Another one I remember having actually is when I was like 6 and I remember going to loo, only to have 4 arms grab me from under by bed and try to pull me under. I felt them and all... I hate the human brain, it's a tossa and it knows it!
Thu 15/07/04 at 14:27
Regular
"You've upset me"
WoopWoop wrote:
> Worst nightmare I have had was also years ago, when I could have
> sworn I had literally woken up and there was this guy standing at the
> end of my bed. I tried to tell him to go away, etc, but couldn't. He
> then walked up the side of my bed and I remember some sorta smell -
> bear in mind I've never had a smell associated with a dream before. I
> tried to move but couldn't, and he sat on my chest and I woke up
> gasping for breath...

That's pretty disturbing, as that is a well known nightmare type thang, there's even a painting of it. Can't remember the details of it (heard about it years ago) but there's a special name for a creature that comes and sits on your chest in a nightmare. It's reported that the people who suffer this feel as if they are awake and often they have trouble breathing and are parylysed while the creature sits on them.

Odd.
Thu 15/07/04 at 14:20
Regular
"i am the b#tch"
i fell out of bed a year ago when i was having a website
Thu 15/07/04 at 14:18
Regular
Nightmares are cool and I spasm too, hurts sometimes though as I end up kicking the wall next to my bed.
Thu 15/07/04 at 13:25
Regular
Although occasionally when I'm half asleep and deep in thought I'll spasm. It's kinda cool.
Thu 15/07/04 at 13:23
Regular
I remember a lot of dreams, but I haven't had a nightmare in 10 years. Go me!
Thu 15/07/04 at 13:17
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Can't remember any dreams.

I mean, apparantly we all have dreams on a regular basis, it's just that we rarely remember them unless they are particularly memorable, such as nightmares.

But in my case, my mind seems to be trapped in an excitement-free vacuum.
Thu 15/07/04 at 12:09
Regular
"I dnt hv a cachfras"
I often find my dreams are associated with things I know are vitally important. But, in my dream, for watever reasons, I never have this vitally important stuff. So, years ago, I dreamt about forgetting my english booklet when I went into the english GCSE exam. I woke up, got all in a panic and packed the booklet ready. Only to wake up again in the morning to remember i'd already sat it. It's usually silly things along those lines.

I don't really have dreams or nightmares. Dreams are usually typical male dreams and I am proud to admit it! There's something about holly valance and whipped cream that I cant get outta my head.

Worst nightmare I have had was also years ago, when I could have sworn I had literally woken up and there was this guy standing at the end of my bed. I tried to tell him to go away, etc, but couldn't. He then walked up the side of my bed and I remember some sorta smell - bear in mind I've never had a smell associated with a dream before. I tried to move but couldn't, and he sat on my chest and I woke up gasping for breath... Scariest thing ever and it all seemed too real and physical for my liking. I have since been reminded of this dream when I go into pubs and smell "Shag" tobacco. No one in my house at that time smoked.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.