GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DS: - Pixel Perfect?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/02/05 at 15:00
Regular
"DS..."
Finally received my VIP Nintendo DS Pak this morning only to find a few moments later upon booting up the MP Hunters Demo that in the centre of the screen, glaringly obvious against the black screen with the Nintendo logo and the stunning intro, there it was, in all it's unlit shade of green annoyance, one, solitary, dead pixel...

Bah, I assumed Nintendo would have at least made sure after this problem was reported with quite a few American DS units that the first 3000 Pal DS units would be free of this annoyance, I know some people might be thinking "so what?, big deal! it's only one pixel" etc but it really is quite distracting when playing games and generally quite unacceptable when you consider that you've shelled out just over £100 for it...

Meh, anyways, has anyone else had this problem with either the US or VIP Pal DS units? if so, does anyone else have any ideas of what to do by way of trying to get a replacement? I've allready sent an e-mail to one address that came with the documentation ([email protected]) stating the problem etc, I don't know if they'll bother to do anything about it though, hmm anyways, if anyone has any related Nintendo e-mail adresses, numbers etc post them in here if you want.

I just find this to be quite an annoyance overall really as with Nintendo you don't really expect this kind of defect with the hardware as personally I can't really recall having any problems with Nintendo hardware in the past, anyways, if anyone else has suffered from the same problem with the DS etc, feel free to vent your anger/frustration in this topic.

Slik -_-
Mon 21/02/05 at 19:27
Regular
"0228"
Tphi wrote:
> Edgy wrote:
> One wipe and it's all gone.
>
> Indeed. JFH must have some weird over-acidic fingers.

I managed to get most of the marks off with the cloth I got with my glasses but there are still a few marks, most of which are small dots.
Mon 21/02/05 at 19:18
Regular
"the burning sky"
Tomoose wrote:
> My mate received his stars VIP one today, it also has a dead pixel and
> is sending it back this avo.

Received the replacement today, only to find it had 2 dead pixels! Really this isnt good enough!
Tue 15/02/05 at 16:48
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Edgy wrote:
> One wipe and it's all gone.

Indeed. JFH must have some weird over-acidic fingers.
Mon 14/02/05 at 22:45
Regular
The marks on my screen are that left by peoples fingers...the acid of which sticks to the screen. When the stylus is used, it makes lines in the layer of acid.

One wipe and it's all gone.
Mon 14/02/05 at 19:22
Regular
"0228"
Tphi wrote:
> I don't understand how you can scratch it unless you use car keys
> instead of the stylus :S I've only used that and although it does
> mark the screen if you tilt it to the light, you can wipe the marks
> off.

You can only see them when you tilt it to the light but they don't wipe off.
Mon 14/02/05 at 19:20
Regular
"and PC user"
JFH wrote:
> I haven't had any problems with dead pixels but the touch screen's
> already covered in scratches. I'll have to get some sort of
> protection for it some time.

A protective coating would have been a good idea. Hold on a min, don't another company already do that!

Hold on again, how can you scratch a DS screen? Its got a lid. How do you scratch the screen when playing the games? Once your done, close the lid, and its protected.
Mon 14/02/05 at 18:51
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I don't understand how you can scratch it unless you use car keys instead of the stylus :S I've only used that and although it does mark the screen if you tilt it to the light, you can wipe the marks off.
Mon 14/02/05 at 17:07
Regular
"0228"
I haven't had any problems with dead pixels but the touch screen's already covered in scratches. I'll have to get some sort of protection for it some time.
Mon 14/02/05 at 12:09
Regular
"the burning sky"
My mate received his stars VIP one today, it also has a dead pixel and is sending it back this avo.
Mon 14/02/05 at 10:29
Regular
Macintosh wrote:
> It's the downside of being an early adoptor.

Not so, just an unfortunate event with the first run of Euro units.

I, along with many others who imported US units, have not had the dead Pixel problem.

At the end of the day, it's just down to luck. It's the one thing that is worrying me about my US PSP when it arrives. hopefully I won't have anything to worry about though, since Sony have now enlisted Samsung to develop their screens.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.