GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSP or DS?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 20/02/05 at 13:17
Regular
"Steady, Go!"
I know there have probably been similar posts to this, but which one? At the moment i'm leaning towards the PSP, should I be?
Sun 13/03/05 at 19:24
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Hahaha.
Sun 13/03/05 at 19:10
The psp is better even tho it is more expencive but it is worth it. it has better graphics.
Sun 06/03/05 at 10:38
Regular
"I wish I was taller"
PSP is much better than the DS in my view
Sat 26/02/05 at 19:34
Regular
"-_-"
Well the ds comes out on the day before i go on a week long school trip and about 20 of us have preordered....Pictochat away!
lol anyway, psp does look good but it'd irritate me like my ipod did when i first got it, constantly shining it and crap. Now ive just left my ipod and its a scuffed as well, i cant think of a good analogy.
Wed 23/02/05 at 17:47
Regular
If there IS a GBA 2 (I think that Nintendo were only keeping their cards open incase the DS failed, which it hasn't) then it won't come until the end of the DS' natural life cycle anyway, so the DS might as well be the GBA 1.5 equivilant.

I reckon that the DS will set a lot of new standards for games.
I'm not so sure about the double screen being set as a standard but wireless and touchscreen for sure. I reckon that pictochat will get more popular the more people have a DS.

All a successor would need would be a PSP style analogue disc and perhaps a little more power and then would you EVER need more from a handheld?
Tue 22/02/05 at 20:34
"period drama"
Ninty set the DS apart from the Gameboy from the very start - because it is not a continuation of the series. Just because it's a handheld, doesn't mean it has to be a Gameboy.
And yes, like you said, because it was an experiment.

But the quality of the machine and games, and the unique experience it provides are by no means characteristics of a filler machine that's just been churned out before the next GB.
If anything, the GBA2 will seem like a step backwards.
Tue 22/02/05 at 19:40
Regular
To date all nintendo portables have carried the gameboy name. Gameboy, Gameboy pocket, Gameboy colour, Gameboy advance. Why then would nintendo not use such a well known logo for their next portable machine? To me this makes it sound like the DS was an experiment, to see how people react to innovations in gameing. With the upcoming "Revolution" i think this is a reasonable idea. However, if you really want a press release from nintendo saying that the DS is a filler, google it.
Tue 22/02/05 at 19:10
"period drama"
Ahaha.
Proof that it is a filler, please. A special Nintendo annoucement, if you want.

"Yeah, this thing's just a stop-gap. Don't worry about it."
Tue 22/02/05 at 19:08
Regular
Coin wrote:

> That's tripe man, utter tripe. The DS isn't a filler...

proof?
Tue 22/02/05 at 19:07
Regular
Coin wrote:
> nova prospekt wrote:
> I do admit the graphics on the DS cannot compete with the PSP but
> the
> DS was never meant to, it is menat to fill the gap until the release
> of the GBA 2.
>
> That's tripe man, utter tripe. The DS isn't a filler...

Nope, Prospekt is right. The DS is supposed to be a filler, hence it doesn't carry the name 'Gameboy' on it...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.