GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Form help required"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/06/04 at 22:07
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Is there are way to do the following using HTML/PHP:

Use selects choice from drop-down box 1 in a form. As soon as this is done, drop-down box 2 in the same form becomes populated with a list of items (can be hard coded, doesn't matter) without having to make another request to the server. The items to be shown in drop-down box 2 are dictated by the item chosen in drop-down box 1 (i.e. every time use changes selection in DDB1, list changes in DDB2.)

I'm sure I've seen it done on many a website, I just don't know how to go about doing it! :-/
Sat 26/06/04 at 10:39
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
DW wrote:
> Steal the code from SR's Printers page.

Ah mate, that's perfect! Trouble is I've done it down, and can't be arsed to change it. Ah well, maybe I'll get time to come back to it at the end. Cheers for that. :)
Sat 26/06/04 at 00:41
Regular
Steal the code from SR's Printers page.
Thu 24/06/04 at 20:41
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
There's some interesting stuff on that website, thanks for that.

I've worked out a way to do it, which although isn't exactly how I would've liked it (involves loading the page again), does the job nicely enough. Once the whole website is finished, hopefully I'll have time to come back and have a look at little things like this.

Should perhaps get myself a decent Javascript book. :)
Thu 24/06/04 at 19:51
Regular
"Freeola Support"
The website [URL]http://www.dynamicdrive.com[/URL] has a number of good example for form based scripts, I recommend you take a quick look there as they have examples of each and how to add them to your current page if anything special like adding code within the head tags is required.
Thu 24/06/04 at 10:04
Regular
"I crashed into a va"
Dont think its supported on anything else other than ie, opera might
Thu 24/06/04 at 09:37
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I know a method, but it only works in IE (unless other browsers accept innerHTML commands now?). Practically useless because of this, but I can type it up quickly if you want?
Wed 23/06/04 at 22:32
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
I knew I could rely on you mate. ;)

Good idea, I'll have a nose around...
Wed 23/06/04 at 22:30
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
There will definately be a Javascript way of doing it, that's all I can say.

Just find a site that does it and copy the code.
Wed 23/06/04 at 22:07
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Is there are way to do the following using HTML/PHP:

Use selects choice from drop-down box 1 in a form. As soon as this is done, drop-down box 2 in the same form becomes populated with a list of items (can be hard coded, doesn't matter) without having to make another request to the server. The items to be shown in drop-down box 2 are dictated by the item chosen in drop-down box 1 (i.e. every time use changes selection in DDB1, list changes in DDB2.)

I'm sure I've seen it done on many a website, I just don't know how to go about doing it! :-/

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.