GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Webspace Outside of UK"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/06/04 at 15:18
Regular
"Cant access webspac"
Hi

I bought my domain name from freeola last year, but have since moved to africa for a 2yr contract. Can anyone help me have access to the site, i cant upload cause you have to have BT Broadband in order to connect.
Sat 03/07/04 at 22:34
Regular
"Freeola Support"
These services are in place for our customers to use if abroad, if you do run into problems it is best to let us know and we will have to look into this, unfortunatly because we are inside the UK we cannot really test this as much as we would like to.
Fri 02/07/04 at 17:00
Regular
"bing bang bong"
tigamilla wrote:
> The cost WOULD be phenomenal as well.

It would take less than a minute on a phone line to upload a small website, which is not going to cost the earth.
Thu 01/07/04 at 16:51
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Captain Scarlet wrote:
> my reply is perfectly valid, the person did ask how to access the site
> from Africa. You can access via the overseas numbers

Im not entirely sure that works, because most overseas lines don't allow caller ID to be displayed, I seem to remember trying to connect from Africa myself and getting disconnected no matter what.

The cost WOULD be phenomenal as well.
Wed 23/06/04 at 19:12
Regular
"I crashed into a va"
my reply is perfectly valid, the person did ask how to access the site from Africa. You can access via the overseas numbers
phi11ip wrote:
> Captain Scarlet wrote:
> From abroad use the freeola overseas number by making your pc dial
> up
> to +44 1952 270017 with the username as your sr number and password.
>
> NO, DON'T!
>
> That would cost you absolutely loads seeing as it's an international
> rate.
>
> The only option you've got is to swap hosting to aother company as
> Freeola are very restrictive on how you can connect to their servers.
Wed 23/06/04 at 16:41
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Captain Scarlet wrote:
> From abroad use the freeola overseas number by making your pc dial up
> to +44 1952 270017 with the username as your sr number and password.

NO, DON'T!

That would cost you absolutely loads seeing as it's an international rate.

The only option you've got is to swap hosting to aother company as Freeola are very restrictive on how you can connect to their servers.
Wed 23/06/04 at 16:10
Regular
"I crashed into a va"
erm what???
You need to be connected to Freeola directly (and you can't access whilst on BT Broadband as thats not directly connected to Freeola)

From abroad use the freeola overseas number by making your pc dial up to +44 1952 270017 with the username as your sr number and password.
Wed 23/06/04 at 15:18
Regular
"Cant access webspac"
Hi

I bought my domain name from freeola last year, but have since moved to africa for a 2yr contract. Can anyone help me have access to the site, i cant upload cause you have to have BT Broadband in order to connect.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.