GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Any bikers here yet?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/05/04 at 14:54
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
how do all, havent been here in ages... just checking up on you all, seeing who is still here and wot-not....

anyone got themselves motorbikes yet?
Fri 21/05/04 at 15:25
Regular
I'd love a mokeybike, but I'd kill myself on it. Not due to ineptness, but due to being a god damn idiot.

This being the case, I have forbid myself to purchase one.

My mate has a beast of a bike, it's some yamaha 600 jobby, very new, looks the mutts nuts. I once got on the back, wasn't used to it, and nearly got us both killed accidentally leaning over.

Being on the back is scary as hell, I don't like it.
Fri 21/05/04 at 13:44
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Slaveunit wrote:
> The entire biking population is judged by these idiots, and that
> stereotype is hardly fair... and can you honestly say you havent seen
> just as many idiots in cars? I see them daily!

"True, these are the idiots, but I see more of these examples of bikers than safe bikers."

My experience only. I have no personal grudge against bike riders.

There are idiots on the road in cars. A lot, but the safe drivers outnumber them IMHO. This is not the case I've encountered with bikers.
Fri 21/05/04 at 13:38
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
The entire biking population is judged by these idiots, and that stereotype is hardly fair... and can you honestly say you havent seen just as many idiots in cars? I see them daily!
Fri 21/05/04 at 13:35
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
I hate to say it, but the vast majority of bikers I see tailgate to within a meter of the car in front, weave in and out of traffic, or simply speed down the center line while there are tailbacks.

I've also had a biker on a narrow counry road, pass my, when a military truck was on the other side of the road. There must have been a meter and a half space max. He passed at well over 60 MPH.

True, these are the idiots, but I see more of these examples of bikers than safe bikers.

And people wonder why bikes are considered dangerous?

(My father is a biker BTW, before people sart getting insulting)
Fri 21/05/04 at 13:26
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Blimey - lots to reply about....

Bikes impractical?
Nope. Not for commuting. takes me 15 mins to get to work on the bike, 45 mins in the car. The bike can go around the traffic. Why do you think despatchers in london use bikes instead of cars?

Bikes dangerous?
Yes and no. Ye3ah, youre more likely to get hurt if you are knocked off, but statistically, car drivers have more accidents than bike riders, and 8/10 bike accidents are caused by car drivers. It's not a case of bikes not being seen, it's a case of car drivers not looking where they are going.
Wed 12/05/04 at 19:36
Regular
English_Bloke wrote:
> I'd say a car is more likely to kill someone.

Probably someone on a motorbike... :^(

I've been thinking about getting a moped. If/when I move to the London area in a couple of years time I probably will.

However, I knew 2 people who died on motorbikes through the incompetence of car drivers.
However good a driver you are, some moron can always kill you :^(
Wed 12/05/04 at 17:29
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I ain't got a bike, but I had a threesome: me and both hands.
Wed 12/05/04 at 16:54
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Light wrote:
> Having read through this...in fact, through most threads, I'm struck
> by the thought that Terry Pratchett may well haved based the
> characters of the Wizards of Unseen University on web-board denizens;
> we can, all of us, argue about nothing like it was the most
> important thing on earth...

So true.
Wed 12/05/04 at 16:52
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Having read through this...in fact, through most threads, I'm struck by the thought that Terry Pratchett may well haved based the characters of the Wizards of Unseen University on web-board denizens; we can, all of us, argue about nothing like it was the most important thing on earth...
Wed 12/05/04 at 16:29
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> cookie monster wrote:
> English_Bloke wrote:
> cookie monster wrote:
> Motorbikes are death traps,
>
> As are cars
>
> Oh please, if i was in a motorway crash i think my chances of
> survival would be infinitely greater in a car than on a motorbike.
>
> In a motorway crash you would probably have had it in a car as well.
> Driver error is the most common cause of crash though, so if people
> were better drivers in general then it wouldn't matter what you
> drove.

I wasnt saying driving a motorbike increases your risk of having a crash, although it probably does given that you are more difficult to see, i was saying that the chance of survival will be greater if you were in a car as opposed to on a motorbike.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.