GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gt4... it doesnt work!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gran Turismo 4 (GT4)'.
Sun 13/03/05 at 11:40
Regular
"I'm in it to win it"
Omg im soo annoyed cos ive been waitin for Gt4 to come out for ages and i mean ages... Huge Gt fan!! But because ive got anm earlier model of the Playstation 2 it does not work!!! Does anyone know how to get it workin cos im going crazy over this!!! Help!
Sun 13/03/05 at 18:34
Regular
"I'm in it to win it"
no offence m8 but i aint an idiot wen it comes to the playstation and im well aware of the problem with build up of dust due to the heat, and have cleaned it out many times before i have also very recently done it so my choice is to buy a new console!
Sun 13/03/05 at 18:26
Regular
"Bicycle"
Yes.

Now follow my advice and be happy, damnit!
Sun 13/03/05 at 18:18
Regular
"I'm in it to win it"
I did teel u that guy at the customer helpline was an idiot!!
Sun 13/03/05 at 15:28
Regular
"hulagadoo"
San Andreas was dual layered as well
Sun 13/03/05 at 14:12
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Philgb4 wrote:
> gt4 is the first of its kind that is
> a dual layer disk if anything on the playstation is faulty it may not
> work...

Xenosaga was a dual layered disk thanks to the huge number of cutscenes it had, i didn't see that game not working on certain models of PS2's and my model is the 39003 one and it worked fine
Sun 13/03/05 at 14:09
Regular
"Bicycle"
Philgb4 wrote:
> Omg im soo annoyed cos ive been waitin for Gt4 to come out for ages
> and i mean ages... Huge Gt fan!! But because ive got anm earlier
> model of the Playstation 2 it does not work!!! Does anyone know how
> to get it workin cos im going crazy over this!!! Help!

OK. Here's what ya do, if you really want it to work - takes a bit of getting dirty, but you can do it!

You'll need:
A screwdriver (The cross one - electric is best, but it doesn't matter)
Some White Spirit
Cotton Bud
A small piece of metal / tiny Philips screwdriver
A black, small tipped marker/felt-tip pen (I mean small tip 0.5 or less)

Unplug your PS2, take out any disc. Unscrew the case - pull of 6 rubber feet and unscrew - then unscrew the drive cover (four screws). Next, dab the cotton bud into some white spirit and gently wipe the lense clean, should be all shiny :D. Then, you should see a white cog, with a metal piece in it. Mark the notch where they interesect with the pen. Now, move it (either anti-clockwise or clockwise) about 2 notches. Close up the disc drive, and power it up, with the disc in. It should work, in which case screw everything back together, and be happy.

This WILL make any warranty you have redundant, but it's not like you were going to pay £60 for an "upgrade", really?
Sun 13/03/05 at 14:07
Regular
"I'm in it to win it"
I'll tell you wat tho, i just called the customer helpline and the bloke was bloody useless he obviously didnt no wat he was talkin about i sed to him that i had recently bought gt4 and have a 30000 series and hes like well because gt4 is the first of its kind that is a dual layer disk if anything on the playstation is faulty it may not work... by this time im thinkin wat an idiot 'If it was faulty it woodnt run any of my games!!' and then he says have u ever tried cleanin it with a lens cleaner and im like yes just a sec ago u idiot! he then says wat we can do is swap the playstation for another 30000 series for £55... wtf!! i mite aswell buy a new one!! Thats wat im gunna do anyway.... so my suggestion to everyone with a 30000 or 50000 series BUY A NEW SLIMLINE!!
Sun 13/03/05 at 13:52
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Sony once again showing their great customer service.

I take it on the back of the PAL box it doesn't say anything about it not working on certain models? Then you're perfectly in your rights to at the very least demand a refund for the game. Someone on the playstation forums on the official site is talking about taking it to watchdog, seems a good course of action
Sun 13/03/05 at 13:48
Regular
"I'm in it to win it"
ok thanx a lot everyone i have come to the decision of ringin the customer helpline and if they cant help buy a new slimline ps2
Sun 13/03/05 at 12:27
Regular
"get out of jail"
Get a refund, cos I got the same model & I had the same prob, (probably worse, as it didn't even load).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.