GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Finding Nemo not funny"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/04/04 at 17:56
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I can see why this film was so successful at the cinema as it is a truly outstanding visual feast of colour and animation. Of course when people watched it at the cinema they didn't notice the lack of humour or decent characters. Thus when the DVD came out everyone thought that they had to own it. I bet many people watched it again and thought "not as good as I remembered".

I mean how funny were those sharks? Not very. Also their motto "fish are our friends" doesn't make sense. Sharks are fish too. The main adult fish (I've forgotten all the characters names already as they were so unmemorable) was voiced by that fat lad who got eaten in Jurassic park by the Spittsaurus and didn't suit his character (they usually look and reflect the persona of the voice actor playing them), and Nemo's female companion was just annoying. I know she was meant to be but she was too annoying.

Also I don't understand why they didn't have Nemo start off in a fish tank and end up in the Ocean...

The end scene WAS funny though.
Sat 24/04/04 at 17:06
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Very_Metal wrote:
> i know it's a tad off-topic, but the animated sequence from Kill Bill
> had me grinning like a bewildered child. not because i like to see
> people chopped, shot and beaten silly (well, i DO, but that was just
> a bonus :) ) but becasue the style and fluidity of the animation was
> absolutely glorious. Westernised anime with a sketchbook quality.
> wonderful stuff.

ANIME IS ABSOLUTE RUBBISH, AND THAT SEQUENCE IS THE WORST BIT OF THE FILM!
Sun 18/04/04 at 12:07
Regular
All Pixar films are superior to Shrek.
Sun 18/04/04 at 11:01
Regular
"not dead"
I liked it.

I thought it was significantly better than Monsters Inc (I just couldn't identify with a character as work-obsessed as Sully) though to me my favourite is Toy Story 2. They took the charatcers from the first, and built on them even more. Genius.
Sat 17/04/04 at 11:58
Regular
I definitely found Finding Nemo funny, and really enjoyed the film, both in the cinema and at home. I've always loved fish, in particular Regal Tangs, so that made it even better really. Finding Nemo and Ice Age are probably my two favourites in that category... and I have to admit that I really wasn't a big fan of Monsters Inc or Shrek. Sorry.
Sat 17/04/04 at 01:45
Regular
Nonsense, Finding Nemo is fantastic.

It's not an epic film, it's not meant to challenge you or shake you with the plot, it's a damn nice film about a fish.

Equally, I challenge any of you lot to write a better plot. :D
Fri 16/04/04 at 20:14
Regular
"you've got a beard"
i know it's a tad off-topic, but the animated sequence from Kill Bill had me grinning like a bewildered child. not because i like to see people chopped, shot and beaten silly (well, i DO, but that was just a bonus :) ) but becasue the style and fluidity of the animation was absolutely glorious. Westernised anime with a sketchbook quality. wonderful stuff.
Fri 16/04/04 at 18:44
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Silent Scope wrote:
> Oh yea i forgot :P but anyway Shrek is better than most what pixar has
> done anyway.

Nahhhh, it's a brave effort, but Pixar movies make me (thirty) feel like a kid again (this is not a bad thing) and that's what makes then genius IMHO.
Fri 16/04/04 at 18:40
Regular
Oh yea i forgot :P but anyway Shrek is better than most what pixar has done anyway.
Fri 16/04/04 at 18:33
Regular
"£77k - muahahahah"
Shrek is Dreamworks.
Fri 16/04/04 at 18:23
Regular
"For One Night Only"
1 - Shrek is not Pixar
2 - Newman also goes by the name of Wayne Knight (be original folks)
3 - I frown at all of those who dislike "Finding Nemo"

It's totally original, the seaguls are ace, and if it didn't taste so good I may never eat fish again: "FISH ARE FRIENDS - NOT FOOD!"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.