GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A question of morality"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/04/04 at 12:56
"Darth Vader 3442321"
A theoretical scenario: it is possible to locate every person who has HIV/AIDS and kill them simultaneously. All you need to do is to press a button and HIV/AIDS will be eradicated from the planet, but you will be resonsible for killing many many millions. They of course will never be given the chance to receive more effective treatment or a cure in the future. What should you do?
Sat 17/04/04 at 18:44
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Heh. Sounds just like the EPM-thing from The Matrix. :)

If only it were that easy to erase just one of the many problems with the world today... Trouble is, these aren't just 'things' or even machines you're dealing with here; they're living, breathing people, just like the rest of us (if only, a little "different").

Everyone has the right to live. Sure, they may not be able to out-live the rest of us, or even to live lives quite as healthy and prosporous as we could; but I believe each person is the only person to have control over the Life they are given.

If you live a certain way, more often than not, it is like that because you have chosen to live it as such. You only live once. Life's a highly-precious thing. Only you can have full-control.
Fri 16/04/04 at 23:56
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
cookie monster wrote:
> Yeah, it causes mass haemorraging, you bleed from every orifice,
> including your tear ducts.
>
> Its the sort of virus i would love to work with.

Oddly enough, I have a friend who works with tropical diseases, ebola being one of them!
Fri 16/04/04 at 23:50
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Yeah, it causes mass haemorraging, you bleed from every orifice, including your tear ducts.

Its the sort of virus i would love to work with.
Fri 16/04/04 at 23:45
Regular
it dissolves all your organs doesn't it? I recall tales of peoples liquified organs exiting their ass's and other equally horrific things.
Fri 16/04/04 at 23:44
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> disease will always be one step ahead of us. you can eradicate one
> type of disease, but another will take its place.
>
> that said, there are diseases that are far worse than AIDS/HIV in
> existence (ebola virus anyone?).

Ebola is fascinating, its structure is so simple, yet it will crush you with an iron fist.
Fri 16/04/04 at 22:34
Regular
disease will always be one step ahead of us. you can eradicate one type of disease, but another will take its place.

that said, there are diseases that are far worse than AIDS/HIV in existence (ebola virus anyone?).
Fri 16/04/04 at 18:40
Regular
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Yeah, probably. But if it were up to me every AIDs/HIV carrier would
> be stuck on an island together, given food and shelter and
> entertainment, and left to live out their lives. They could do
> whatever they wanted, apart from leave, even have as much sex as they
> wanted, but operations on everyone would prevent them having kids.
> Problem solved.

Australia was wasted on those convicts :^D

However, if something was set up to encourage promiscuous HIV carriers to all get together, that would probably be nice for them.

I'm sure very few people would knowingly screw non-carriers though...
And maybe a club like that would become a target for people who did want to 'push the button'...
Fri 16/04/04 at 12:44
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Tyla wrote:

> So this one button would have to dispose of:
>
> AIDS
> HIV
> Most of Africa
> Hetrosexuals
> Homosexuals
> Monkeys
> Ebola
> Yellow Fever
> Small Pox
> Hepatitis
> MRSA
> Syphillis
> Everything else, just in case it comes back...
>

You point being?
Thu 15/04/04 at 22:34
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Tards, absolute tards... The lack of education on HIV/AIDS here shocks me!

1. HIV is a completley different thing from AIDS so this question applies to two demographics as opposed to just one.

2. In the western world, cases are on the decline, if only slightly in both cases, though oddly enough it affects more hetrosexuals than homosexuals, but whilst we're at it, lets add homosexulas to the list anyway

3. AIDS derived from Monkeys, just like Ebola and yellow fever. On top of this, you also have small pox, meningitus(sp?), Hepatitis (D & C), MRSA and Syphilis, all of which are contagious, and in most cases fatal. So lets add them to the list including monkeys

Can you see where Im going yet?

4. The higest population with AIDS in Africa, mainly due to lack of education, the need to breed constantly and no safetey precautions, so that another 60+ million to add to the list

5. AIDS/HIV evolved, it's a mutagenic virus, so even if you erradicated it today, something much worse will appear in the future.

So this one button would have to dispose of:

AIDS
HIV
Most of Africa
Hetrosexuals
Homosexuals
Monkeys
Ebola
Yellow Fever
Small Pox
Hepatitis
MRSA
Syphillis
Everything else, just in case it comes back...

So effectively, this theoretical button would kill off everything... bit like armageddon!;)

SO in answer tot he question, I wouldn't push the button as I'd be wiping myself out at the same time!
Thu 15/04/04 at 22:21
Regular
"That's right!"
Yeah, probably. But if it were up to me every AIDs/HIV carrier would be stuck on an island together, given food and shelter and entertainment, and left to live out their lives. They could do whatever they wanted, apart from leave, even have as much sex as they wanted, but operations on everyone would prevent them having kids. Problem solved.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.