GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Batman on DVD?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/04/04 at 12:58
Regular
Anyone know if Batman and Batman Returns come in those cheapy crappy cardboard DVD cases?

Also anyone heard of decent releases of the 2 films? it's just looking at the special features there's barely anything on the discs.
Thu 15/04/04 at 15:05
Regular
He wasn't really interested in doing a direct sequel, and he was given carte blanche basically after making shedloads of cash for WB with the first one.
Thu 15/04/04 at 13:52
Regular
"That's right!"
I don't even like Batman Returns. Yes, it's infinitely better than the two craptacular sequels, but it's still nowhere near as good as the original. Returns was meant to be a real sequel to Batman, with Vicky Vale and Bruce getting engaged and learning more about the Joker and other stuff from the first, but they distanced it at Burton's request, can't remember why.

And the original has a super gay Prince soundtrack. Nothing can beat that.
Thu 15/04/04 at 08:21
"possibly impossible"
I'm still divided over the 60's series. Romero was a far better Joker than JN ever was, but the camp nature of the series just spoilt it. It was also all due to the dire 60's Comic Code Authority imposing a ban on realistic violence and too much detail in comics, which led to a bat-dog and some silly storylines.
Thu 15/04/04 at 00:19
Regular
they should get the full special edition treatment, they were some damn good films. after batman returns it went to sh*t though ...
Wed 14/04/04 at 20:23
Regular
Warners have started to release DVD's in normal cases now, but most are still in the rubbish snapper cases.

Special Editions won't be out until 2005 (maybe Xmas 2004) to co-incide with the release of the new film.
Wed 14/04/04 at 19:21
Regular
Yup, they come in crapper snapper cases. Sainsbury's have Batman for 4.99!
Wed 14/04/04 at 18:05
Regular
Damn, thought you meant the original series then... I've got all the films on DVD, including the 60's one... desperate for the series to come out though.
Wed 14/04/04 at 15:35
"Darth Vader 3442321"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Cheap Warner Brothers DVD boxes ahoy!
>
> And they do indeed have little to no features (unless you count
> "interactive menus!" - which I don't)

Special features: color (sp), rewind, play and fast forward, dialogue and vision
Wed 14/04/04 at 14:20
Regular
"That's right!"
Cheap Warner Brothers DVD boxes ahoy!

And they do indeed have little to no features (unless you count "interactive menus!" - which I don't)
Wed 14/04/04 at 12:58
Regular
Anyone know if Batman and Batman Returns come in those cheapy crappy cardboard DVD cases?

Also anyone heard of decent releases of the 2 films? it's just looking at the special features there's barely anything on the discs.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.