GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Keane available to play for Ireland?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/04/04 at 21:10
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Do they so desperately need him that they would seriously allow him to play?

Just catching the headline made me wince. Wonder how his teammates will react? Possibly more professionally then he did two years ago.

This guy's past his best now surely.

Gods I was so angry with him for, what I considered as, walking out on his teammates and leaving them on the eve of the world cup and I'm not even Irish.
Wed 14/04/04 at 23:13
Regular
"aka [EIRE] Taig"
Solskjær wrote:
> It'll take some-time for all the other players to accept him again
> (except, maybe, John O'Shea, of course)
and Liam Miller because Roy is the whole reason he will be playing for Man Utd next season.
Wed 14/04/04 at 22:28
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Wakka wrote:
> He said Keane didn't care about his country. That's absoulute crap.
> He didn't want to leave but Mick McCarthy kept winding him up.
>
> Funniest. post. ever.
>
> McCarthy kept winding him up? Ho ho ho.
>
> He can dish it out but when anyone tries anything back as usual he
> flips like a retarded seal and goes crying off home. I take it you
> missed out the whole Haaland chapter and the Lee Sharpe stuff?
>
> How fitting.

Sorry ÂLŠ†ÂÎR for spouting a load of crap. I was just in a bad mood and Roy Keane is one of my fave players and when you were slagging him off I took it just too far. I believe that Keane shouldn't have gone home in the World Cup but I was just a really sad about something that happened to me that I don't want to talk about. I'm sorry.
Wed 14/04/04 at 14:55
Regular
Wakka wrote:
> He said Keane didn't care about his country. That's absoulute crap.
> He didn't want to leave but Mick McCarthy kept winding him up.

Funniest. post. ever.

McCarthy kept winding him up? Ho ho ho.

He can dish it out but when anyone tries anything back as usual he flips like a retarded seal and goes crying off home. I take it you missed out the whole Haaland chapter and the Lee Sharpe stuff?

How fitting.
Wed 14/04/04 at 14:55
Regular
"Long time no see!"
It'll take some-time for all the other players to accept him again (except, maybe, John O'Shea, of course), and that could really disrupt their remaining preparations for Euro 2004 (especialy if Kerr wants to bring him straight-back into the first-team), but, in the long-run, it's always gonna be a great thing for a country like Ireland, to have a driving force like Roy Keane back in your side.

But, for how long will it be? That's what I wanna know...
At club-level, with United, Keane can surely have no-more-than another 2 full-seasons in him at most, right? Plus, he still wants to live-out his 'dream' of playing for Celtic at some point...

In theory, this return could barely last 12 months! :o
(And, I wouldn't be surprised if Bookies are taking bets to see him bust-up with Brian Kerr and sent-home before another major tournament! ;D )
Wed 14/04/04 at 14:53
Regular
Wakka wrote:
> If you had read his book you would see that it was the right thing
> for him to do and I completly back him up. Did you know that two
> hours before the Ireland/Holland game in the World Cup 2002
> Qualifiers Mick McCarthy took the boys for fish and chips? Did you
> know that Ireland had a training pitch full of potholes and Roy Keane
> almos**t broke his ankle? Did you know that even although Roy Keane
> made a reques**t for him and the res**t of the players to have pas**ta
> before the game but McCarthy gave them sandwiches? He does care about
> his country as he wants his country's players to get the bes**t food so
> that they can play their bes**t, He wanted them to have a proper
> training pitch, he wanted them to have tracksuits that actually
> fitted the players. But did he get any of this. No. That's why he
> walked out. Get your facts right, Alis**tair.

I laugh at the fact you took all that crap in. I actually got his book on the day of release and despite the fact it was an enjoyable read it was 90% bull sh*t. Did you hones**tly think the book would make him to look anything but the victim? Roy Keane is so far up his own ass that he can barely see the sun.

Ever wondered why he want on about the meaning of being a footballer only to contradict himself with a load of crap about facilities and what not? Amazing how the squad managed to scrape through training to play, so amazing that it appeared the only player moaning all the time was Keane himself. Others complained about the pitch but accepted it, Mr. I am too big for club and country took his hand bag and walked off.

Oh and it's not Alis**tair.
Wed 14/04/04 at 14:00
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Ineedsleep wrote:
> Wakka wrote:
>
> But did he get any of this. No. That's why he walked out.
>
> So the best way to get his prima donna persona listened to was to
> walk out during the World Cup?
>
> Way to go to support your team mates, just dump on them like that.
> He wanted this, he wanted that. Everyone else just got on with it
> and played extremely well in his absence.
>
> Get your facts right, Alistair.
>
> He did get his facts right. His opinion of Keane is neither right or
> wrong. No..... I can't say that. His opinion of Keane is right.

He said Keane didn't care about his country. That's absoulute crap. He didn't want to leave but Mick McCarthy kept winding him up.
Wed 14/04/04 at 13:40
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Wakka wrote:

> But did he get any of this. No. That's why he walked out.

So the best way to get his prima donna persona listened to was to walk out during the World Cup?

Way to go to support your team mates, just dump on them like that. He wanted this, he wanted that. Everyone else just got on with it and played extremely well in his absence.

> Get your facts right, Alistair.

He did get his facts right. His opinion of Keane is neither right or wrong. No..... I can't say that. His opinion of Keane is right.
Wed 14/04/04 at 13:32
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
That's true. Keane wants the best, but you've got to see the Irish Premier league: It's not far removed from the English Second Division, so you can see what the Irish FA works with on a club basis. It's geared up for the same sort of setup as that of Northern Ireland, but the players are so much better in the south that there are problems, due to the fact that they are used to the better conditions they get in the English higher divisions.
Wed 14/04/04 at 13:29
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> The bit that made me laugh was:
>
> "Roy is extremely passionate about playing for his
> country"
>
> Yes of course he is, thats why he walked out on them in the middle of
> a world cup, a cup that players dream to play in.
>
> Pathetic.

If you had read his book you would see that it was the right thing for him to do and I completly back him up. Did you know that two hours before the Ireland/Holland game in the World Cup 2002 Qualifiers Mick McCarthy took the boys for fish and chips? Did you know that Ireland had a training pitch full of potholes and Roy Keane almost broke his ankle? Did you know that even although Roy Keane made a request for him and the rest of the players to have pasta before the game but McCarthy gave them sandwiches? He does care about his country as he wants his country's players to get the best food so that they can play their best, He wanted them to have a proper training pitch, he wanted them to have tracksuits that actually fitted the players. But did he get any of this. No. That's why he walked out. Get your facts right, Alistair.
Wed 14/04/04 at 13:15
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Bckpac wrote:

> So does Ireland really need a player that is going to cause more negative
> things than positive.

Well I don't believe so and I'm sure, when picked, he will take a lot of stick but it will eventually pass and he'll probably be accepted. Still sucks though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.