GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Yoshi's Touch & Go"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Yoshi's Touch & Go'.
Wed 23/03/05 at 22:12
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Got this today or whatever a certain canadian circular disc provider - £17.99 mmm and so far it is very very good. This is the kind of game the DS was made for, should have been a launch.
Starting off I just about made it to the ground and wasn't doing too badly, but then things get SO hectic, and you have to have the reactions and drawing skills of a considerably intelligent cat to get through them.
After a couple of hours I opened up the 2 extra modes, and although all 4 offer the same basic principle (score points and don't die) it's nice to have a little variation.
This really is a different type of gaming, I promise you that you won't find ANYTHING like this anywhere else, and it is fantastic. It's EASILY my best DS game, perfect for short blasts and lengthy score beating sessions. The lack of any story mode renders it as more of a puzzle title than anything else, and there aren't any levels as such, it's just all continuous and randomly generated. That might be a disappointment to someone looking for the next Mario World or Yoshi's Island but what it really means is that you should never get bored, because you can never say you've "completed" it.

I'm not sure yet whether I prefer the sky falling or the yoshi running. Sky falling is quite a lot harder seeing as you have to predict what will happen in a vertical fashion, whereas the yoshi bits rely more on reactions and timing, but then again you do get more chances in the sky falling.

So those of you willing to import (and at £17.99 why wouldn't you), get it NOW, as you really won't regret it. And those of you who don't have credit cards or whatever, start raising the £30 now to buy it on release day. This is the kind of game that you bought your DS for, so you better not miss out.

High Scores
Score Attack: 404 points
Marathon: 3730yds
Time Attack: 2:41:1
Challenge: 1798yds

Challenge is well hard. Get your scores in and I'll put em in here. Also sorry for the misspelling in the title. The game is actually called Yoshi Touch & Go, which is slightly more sinister and bestial, if you ask me.
Fri 13/05/05 at 23:18
Regular
JC941* wrote:
> When is Pac-pix out? Channel 4 had it as a sponsor but it didnt have a
> date on it

27/5/2005
Fri 13/05/05 at 22:46
Regular
JC941* wrote:
> When is Pac-pix out? Channel 4 had it as a sponsor but it didnt have a
> date on it

Yeah I saw that. Looks like a quality game. And Touch! Kirby is due soon as well.

I really wish I had a DS, there are some really nifty looking games for it at the moment.
Fri 13/05/05 at 22:44
Regular
"hit the road jack"
When is Pac-pix out? Channel 4 had it as a sponsor but it didnt have a date on it
Fri 13/05/05 at 22:36
Regular
I knew it was coming and I don't even have a DS :)

I want this and Pac-Pix... might try and win some DS games before I actually get the console.
Fri 13/05/05 at 11:53
Regular
"thursdayton!"
This is actually out now.. didn't realise this (another triumph for NOE's marketing department). It's supposed to be brillianté but my wallets looking rather empty.. Convince me to buy it!
Mon 04/04/05 at 16:31
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
gerrid wrote:
> why didn't you guys use dvdboxoffice.com. YT&G was only £17
> and they despatched it on the release day, and it came 4 days later.
> Not bad.

This is what I did but it took longer to come to me.
Mon 04/04/05 at 14:02
Regular
DiscoDexy wrote:
> DVDsoon.com will probably have my future custom for importing games.
> ([URL]http://www.dvdsoon.com/games/start-game.xml[/URL])

How much is postage on that site as Yoshi Touch and Go is only £17
Mon 04/04/05 at 12:23
Regular
"bit of a brain"
why didn't you guys use dvdboxoffice.com. YT&G was only £17 and they despatched it on the release day, and it came 4 days later. Not bad.
Mon 04/04/05 at 09:53
"Majestic"
Albino-Man wrote:
> Bang on.
>
> It arrived yesterday. Better late than never, I suppose.

Damn, I'm yet to receive mine, and i pre-ordered it weeks before launch at that. Still waiting for this mornings post, but, i might as well have waited for the UK launch!

DVDsoon.com will probably have my future custom for importing games. ([URL]http://www.dvdsoon.com/games/start-game.xml[/URL])
Sun 03/04/05 at 21:47
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I got 3200 on Challenge, or something. Man it was hard.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.