GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is it just me?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/03/05 at 13:21
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
I am extremely annoyed about the state of the release games for the DS. There are too many bl00dy bad games. Not that I don't enjoy a bad game, they are funny. It's just that do we really need half of the DS launch games to be bangers? I would have far preferred 10 N64 re-releases, but what do we get - PingPals, The Urbz, Sprung? Fer god's sake, Nintendo. Just re-release Zelda, Perfect Dark and Donkey Kong and I'll be on my way.

Jesus.....
Wed 06/04/05 at 21:30
Regular
"spongemycarpetydont"
Have you ever bought a Wario ware title? Trust me, you'll be playing it for years...
Sun 03/04/05 at 15:16
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I'm not all that impressed with the DS launch titles either. Wario Ware is brilliant, but it's basically a load of little mini games that'll become boring in a few weeks, and there's nothing else that I fancy at the moment, so I don't see myself owning a DS for a while yet.
Sun 03/04/05 at 00:19
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dr Gonzo wrote:
> Tphi wrote:
> Heheh, pwned.
>
> Radical dude, see you on the flipside.
>
> Sorry, other side of puberty.

Meh, I stick with what I said after that which was that Wario DS isn't a re-hash as you'd said it was.

My two cents on the whole thing, without fanboy tinted goggles on, are that I don't like Nintendo's policy of re-hashes. On GBA, the endless Mario Advance titles of re-released SNES games and Link to the Past instead of a new Zelda title (the DS was almost out before we got the first original GBA Zelda, Minish Cap) are very irritating, when you think that Nintendo could have made all new titles instead.

But, it allows people who haven't played the originals to experience them a first time. Especially as handhelds have a big child userbase. Mario 64 was a strong title to launch the DS with. It allowed Nintendo to get it ready quickly and getting it out before the PSP was a good business move I think. Yep, PSP has some games that aren't rehashes, but you can't forget games like Feel the Magic or Polarium which are two very original launch titles.
Sun 03/04/05 at 00:01
Regular
"thursdayton!"
You just started the debate again >_<
Sat 02/04/05 at 23:54
"The Will of D."
Tphi wrote:
> PsYİHo FoX 19 wrote:
> coz £200 for just the video capabilities is a waste of money.
>
> I think it'll be cheaper than that to be honest. Or it'll have some
> real problems with the £99 DS. But I don't wanna start the
> whole "but iPods are expensive and they still sell" debate
> again.

But Ipods are soley for containing thounsands of music tracks so it's worth the price.
Sat 02/04/05 at 21:55
Regular
/golfclap
Sat 02/04/05 at 21:46
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Tphi wrote:
> Heheh, pwned.

Radical dude, see you on the flipside.

Sorry, other side of puberty.
Sat 02/04/05 at 21:44
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Bejam wrote:
> Funny how you criticize the DS launch line-up when the majority of
> the PSP line-up are also re-hashes.

Calm down dear.

Lumines, Mercury, and Metal Gear Ac!d are all totally new. Wipeout Pure is more of a re-invention than a re-hash, though that's open to debate. Then there's MVP 2005 and THUG 2, which are ports/re-hashes, but, basically games I want to play. Smart Bomb is out next week, another interesting looking one, though I'll wait to see how it reviews.

I played Maro 64 to death nearly a decade ago, adding a few mini-games and a map (!!!) won't make me want to go through it again. Wario what's-it doesn't appeal either; wasn't crazy about Wario Ware, fun for a few hours, but that's all. The Yoshi game looks okay, but outside that...

However, re-reading without the fanboy tinted goggles, you'll see the point wasn't NINTENDOSE SUCKZZZ SONY RAWKS!!!1 Liking both is possible... if one could get their touch screen in gear. Nintendo also leave themselves far more open to criticism by having a rabid fan base, obsessed with how innovative Ninty are, all while playing a ten year old game. It seems to be their handheld policy – a few new games with a slew of back catalogue releases, which is just lazy. Hopefully the PSP gives them a kick up the curse filter.
Fri 01/04/05 at 19:35
Regular
"thursdayton!"
PsYİHo FoX 19 wrote:
> coz £200 for just the video capabilities is a waste of money.

I think it'll be cheaper than that to be honest. Or it'll have some real problems with the £99 DS. But I don't wanna start the whole "but iPods are expensive and they still sell" debate again.
Fri 01/04/05 at 15:32
"The Will of D."
I was thinking that if the PSP had a mass of RPGs compared to the DS I might consider buying one when it's out, but seeing as there is such a crap release line-up of stupid racing and sports games that I will only bother when somethign decent appears like a Devil may Cry PSP or something coz £200 for just the video capabilities is a waste of money.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.