GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"And so from the Darkness came Light...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 08/04/01 at 19:09
Regular
The PlayStation 2 (now who else says PlayStation and not Playstation?) may well be a horrible looking device, but it may also look nice, it depends on the position you look at it, the angle you see it and your clarity of vision.

But that's not what I'm trying to say, well it is, but it isn't the point of this post.

When the Dreamcast was released (oh no, here he goes on again about how great the Dreamcast was...) there were many top titles released within the first few months, and I am still playing my Dreamcast frequently - I bought every official peripheral, every game that sounded good, and in most cases they all lived up to their high reviews, and I was pleased with the Dreamcast. I was also pleased when Sega announced that it had reached all it's sales targets for the first year of Dreamcast - 'hooray! Sega are actually doing well!' I thought, and relatively, the Dreamcast has been a success - compared to the Saturn at least. I'm sure every Dreamcast owner has been pleased with their console so far.

When the bad news came I was a bit annoyed 'never mind' I thought, I'll sell my Dreamcast!' And no I couldn't, after calming down a bit I decided that would be a bad idea - after all I cannot ever sell it with the exercise machine of Samba de Amigo!

(Enough about Dreamcast already!).

OK, so I like being part of an active bustling community, and that's why I'm often here, that's why I write opinions at places such as dooyoo, and that's why I got my PlayStation 2. Ever since the Dreamcast production ceasing news, the DC world seems to have shrivelled up and died. It's a shame because European gamers haven't been treated fair - we haven't had NBA 2K1, we'll never get the Online mode in Daytona 2001 and will the likes of 'Let's make a decent Dreamcast footie game! (seeing as we sponsor 4 teams!)' by Sega ever be released over in Blighty? (Why is Britain Blighty?) Maybe us European gamers aren't treated fairly. I mean (that'll do Dan - talk about the PLAYSTATION 2!)... Ok right...

The PS2. A global sign of how to completely mess up a launch. But hey, Sony gave the UK a preorder system that could well have saved lives - and that is a good thing. It's a shame they forgot to make their console programmable! I have yet to play a game that graphically surpasses any of Sega's recent titles on the Dreamcast, and it seems as though the best PlayStation 2 titles are being released by Sega themselves. I've bought, played, threwn up over (not literally, but deepdown I felt sick), and sold Tekken Tag and Moto GP - both infuriatingly average games that just don't deserve to be talked about as 'Next Generation' games. I've kept ESPN because it plays well, and SSX offers a fair amnount of playability - but look into the all format chart! What do you see? Simpsons wrestling - the worst PlayStation game ever made probably, and then the PS2 games are selling well! Star Wars StarFighter - nowhere near as good as it should be, and The Zone of Enders? Even my Sony/Konami worshiping neighbour could see that this had the longevity of a snail on an F1 circuit!

The thing is, if these games are going to sell so well then they should be good! They honestly do not deserve to be selling such high quantities! Sega games such as PSO should be riding high in the charts - that's about the freshest game I've played in a long time, and yet it doesn't even make the top 40 all format! Shame. Prejudicial nonsense.

But, there is light at the end of the tunnel, and itwill hopefully emerge at the start of our journey - not the end. I can see PlayStation 2 games are going to get better, I will get Gran Turismo 3 - it will be better than the demo and Metal Gear Solid won't be the only PS2 game on children's christmas lists! With so many developers on board, the quality games will appear soon. Just port some PSone games like ISS Pro 2 onto the format - that'll definitely be a good game!

Thanks

Dan

Sun 08/04/01 at 19:09
The PlayStation 2 (now who else says PlayStation and not Playstation?) may well be a horrible looking device, but it may also look nice, it depends on the position you look at it, the angle you see it and your clarity of vision.

But that's not what I'm trying to say, well it is, but it isn't the point of this post.

When the Dreamcast was released (oh no, here he goes on again about how great the Dreamcast was...) there were many top titles released within the first few months, and I am still playing my Dreamcast frequently - I bought every official peripheral, every game that sounded good, and in most cases they all lived up to their high reviews, and I was pleased with the Dreamcast. I was also pleased when Sega announced that it had reached all it's sales targets for the first year of Dreamcast - 'hooray! Sega are actually doing well!' I thought, and relatively, the Dreamcast has been a success - compared to the Saturn at least. I'm sure every Dreamcast owner has been pleased with their console so far.

When the bad news came I was a bit annoyed 'never mind' I thought, I'll sell my Dreamcast!' And no I couldn't, after calming down a bit I decided that would be a bad idea - after all I cannot ever sell it with the exercise machine of Samba de Amigo!

(Enough about Dreamcast already!).

OK, so I like being part of an active bustling community, and that's why I'm often here, that's why I write opinions at places such as dooyoo, and that's why I got my PlayStation 2. Ever since the Dreamcast production ceasing news, the DC world seems to have shrivelled up and died. It's a shame because European gamers haven't been treated fair - we haven't had NBA 2K1, we'll never get the Online mode in Daytona 2001 and will the likes of 'Let's make a decent Dreamcast footie game! (seeing as we sponsor 4 teams!)' by Sega ever be released over in Blighty? (Why is Britain Blighty?) Maybe us European gamers aren't treated fairly. I mean (that'll do Dan - talk about the PLAYSTATION 2!)... Ok right...

The PS2. A global sign of how to completely mess up a launch. But hey, Sony gave the UK a preorder system that could well have saved lives - and that is a good thing. It's a shame they forgot to make their console programmable! I have yet to play a game that graphically surpasses any of Sega's recent titles on the Dreamcast, and it seems as though the best PlayStation 2 titles are being released by Sega themselves. I've bought, played, threwn up over (not literally, but deepdown I felt sick), and sold Tekken Tag and Moto GP - both infuriatingly average games that just don't deserve to be talked about as 'Next Generation' games. I've kept ESPN because it plays well, and SSX offers a fair amnount of playability - but look into the all format chart! What do you see? Simpsons wrestling - the worst PlayStation game ever made probably, and then the PS2 games are selling well! Star Wars StarFighter - nowhere near as good as it should be, and The Zone of Enders? Even my Sony/Konami worshiping neighbour could see that this had the longevity of a snail on an F1 circuit!

The thing is, if these games are going to sell so well then they should be good! They honestly do not deserve to be selling such high quantities! Sega games such as PSO should be riding high in the charts - that's about the freshest game I've played in a long time, and yet it doesn't even make the top 40 all format! Shame. Prejudicial nonsense.

But, there is light at the end of the tunnel, and itwill hopefully emerge at the start of our journey - not the end. I can see PlayStation 2 games are going to get better, I will get Gran Turismo 3 - it will be better than the demo and Metal Gear Solid won't be the only PS2 game on children's christmas lists! With so many developers on board, the quality games will appear soon. Just port some PSone games like ISS Pro 2 onto the format - that'll definitely be a good game!

Thanks

Dan

Sun 08/04/01 at 19:32
Does anyone have any thoughts on the subject?

I'd love to know what you think!
Sun 08/04/01 at 19:33
Regular
zzzzzz........please stop it.
Sun 08/04/01 at 19:35
Regular
I think, right now, based on price and the quality of games available the DC is a better buy.

This will change over the next few months.
Sun 08/04/01 at 19:36
Regular
"You've upset me"
couldn't be arsed tp read it. Keep it short and sweet and someone MIGHT POSSIBLY read it
Sun 08/04/01 at 19:38
Regular
"I like cheese"
StarFighter is a wicked game.
Sun 08/04/01 at 19:38
Regular
A bit shorter.
Sun 08/04/01 at 19:47
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> couldn't be arsed tp read it. Keep it short and sweet and someone
> MIGHT POSSIBLY read it

RBS - if you wrote a reply that was little bit longer, less insulting and more interesting then I may have had a clue what you said because, hey! I couldn;t be ar$ed to read it.

Keep your language down mate - I'm only 6 years old!
Sun 08/04/01 at 19:49
Regular
"You've upset me"
6????????!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

bloody hell!
Sun 08/04/01 at 19:57
Regular
"You've upset me"
Even I'm older than that :-)

how many times you won GAD dan and hwo long you been here?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.