GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dark Waters"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/03/04 at 13:36
Regular
"keep your receipt"
Just watched this film last night and have to say that it was the scariest 90 minutes of my life. And I've seen some scary films.

From the same director who made Ring - it follows the same formula of Little Dead Girl haunting people because she wants attention and never got a proper chance in life. However compared to Ring, this is just so much better...darker...more mysterious...and a hell of alot scarier!

A mother going through the mediations of divorce and custody over her little daughter moves with said daughter into a delapidated tenement block. However odd things start to conspire as a patch of damp on her bedroom ceiling starts spreading mysteriously across the ceiling to her bed, and both her and her daughter Ikuko start catching quite terrifying glimpses of a little wet girl in a yellow raincoat with conspicuous red bag. Slowly events conspire that drip-feed information to us about this little girl, and in a torturously creepy plot development, Ikuko and her mother are led to the apartment above theirs and eventually to the old water-tank on the roof where the mysteriously is finally uncovered and the source of the evil makes itself known.

If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend that you go watch it now. Sure it's subtitled, but that did nothing to detract the atmosphere for me. The suspense it builds easily surpases Blair Witch proportions and the nerve-shredding climax, followed by the classic not-quite-satisfying resolution, is easily as 'poo-your-pants' scary as the guy who recommended this film to me said it was.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Sun 21/03/04 at 13:36
Regular
"keep your receipt"
Just watched this film last night and have to say that it was the scariest 90 minutes of my life. And I've seen some scary films.

From the same director who made Ring - it follows the same formula of Little Dead Girl haunting people because she wants attention and never got a proper chance in life. However compared to Ring, this is just so much better...darker...more mysterious...and a hell of alot scarier!

A mother going through the mediations of divorce and custody over her little daughter moves with said daughter into a delapidated tenement block. However odd things start to conspire as a patch of damp on her bedroom ceiling starts spreading mysteriously across the ceiling to her bed, and both her and her daughter Ikuko start catching quite terrifying glimpses of a little wet girl in a yellow raincoat with conspicuous red bag. Slowly events conspire that drip-feed information to us about this little girl, and in a torturously creepy plot development, Ikuko and her mother are led to the apartment above theirs and eventually to the old water-tank on the roof where the mysteriously is finally uncovered and the source of the evil makes itself known.

If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend that you go watch it now. Sure it's subtitled, but that did nothing to detract the atmosphere for me. The suspense it builds easily surpases Blair Witch proportions and the nerve-shredding climax, followed by the classic not-quite-satisfying resolution, is easily as 'poo-your-pants' scary as the guy who recommended this film to me said it was.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.