GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sod off Brock..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/03/04 at 18:23
Regular
Yeah, Brock has announced that his match at WrestleMania will be his last. Good, if you ask me.

He bítched about having to job to Taker when he returned, and he also whinged about having to travel to South Africa JUST to face Hardcore Holly. That's pretty crappy if you ask me. Shows how much this rookie-retard respects his collegues.

He told Vince that he wanted to go back to National League Football. Brock in the NFL...pfft.

----------

"As we reported earlier today, Brock Lesnar announced yesterday that his last date for WWE would be at WrestleMania. We have more information on the story and this is definitely one of those situations where truth is stranger than fiction.

Brock Lesnar stood up in front of the Smackdown crew yesterday at the pre-show talent meeting and announced that he was leaving WWE after WrestleMania to pursue a career in the National Football League.

Lesnar, who recently signed a 7-year deal with the WWE, told Vince McMahon of his decision last Tuesday at Smackdown, a meeting we reported on earlier this week. As we said in that story, this situation started coming to a head when Lesnar, who has become burnt out by WWE’s travel schedule (and reportedly also by his recent push down the card from main event status) for some time, was then sent to work on the big South Africa tour but was “only” put into matches with Hardcore Holly instead of higher profile bouts. He met with Vince McMahon last week at Smackdown and voiced his concerns and informed him at that time that he was going to leave WWE.

Lesnar, has also reportedly been upset that he was going to have to put over the Undertaker’s Dead Man character after Mania, and be in a feud with a guy who, by the nature of his character, doesn’t sell for his opponent. This all led up to yesterday’s announcement.

From what our sources have told us, Lesnar informed everyone at the meeting that he was miserable in the business. He said that it was not any reflection on the business per se, but he just couldn't find happiness in the industry any more.

He publicly thanked Vince McMahon, Jim Ross and Gerry Brisco "for finding me in college," and thanked Big Show and Paul Heyman for all their help with his career. He told the crew he wouldn't be back and he was said to be very emotional and wished everyone well.

The announcement was met with mixed reactions from the people in the company that I spoke with. Some felt that it opened up opportunities for the talent. Others, who had been critical of Brock’s “elitist” behavior of late and felt that he hadn’t earned his stripes, let alone deserved to be upset about not being pushed as a main-eventer, told me that now they can understand that he may have been that way because he was unhappy.

No matter how you look at it, WWE is losing one of their top wrestlers, at least for now. I never say never in the business, but at this point in time Lesnar is completely serious about leaving wrestling."

--------

Dunno where that's taken from, but you can find my by if you go to NoDQ.com, or something.
Fri 12/03/04 at 19:02
Regular
"Plate of glue"
Mind if i put a banner on my site for figanomics?
Fri 12/03/04 at 19:01
Regular
"Plate of glue"
Whern yo uploading more figs to your website gary?
Fri 12/03/04 at 18:57
Regular
Lipe wrote:
> Yeah, I understand what you're saying but the keyword here is
> training
and that's what Matt was doing, he was training,
> learning how to wrestle so he is going to make mistakes.

But with mistakes comes learning from mistakes. Matt kept making the same error week in week out.
Fri 12/03/04 at 18:50
Regular
This is the first time in ages that theres been something good to reply to in here.
Fri 12/03/04 at 16:39
Regular
Yeah, I understand what you're saying but the keyword here is training and that's what Matt was doing, he was training, learning how to wrestle so he is going to make mistakes.
Fri 12/03/04 at 16:04
Regular
Lipe wrote:
> DW, there are other ways of teaching people a lesson than kicking the
> crap out of them. If you made a mistake and someone beat the crap out
> of you I'm sure you wouldn't stand up and go "Oh thank you, that
> was a great lesson"

If I was entering a world such as the wrestling one, I wouldn't expect to walk in and to have people accept my mistakes.

These people were trainging to be professional wrestlers. They have to get everything perfect, otherwise, they risk injuring themselves and others.
Fri 12/03/04 at 15:56
Regular
DW, there are other ways of teaching people a lesson than kicking the crap out of them. If you made a mistake and someone beat the crap out of you I'm sure you wouldn't stand up and go "Oh thank you, that was a great lesson"
Fri 12/03/04 at 14:08
Regular
"..."
Jus to correct an error further down negotiations have now closed between WWE and Goldberg, no deal was agreed so he won't be on Smackdown OR Raw, he'll be in Japan. Can't understand why a nation famous for putting the actual 'wrestling' side of things first appreciates Bill 'Two move wonder and no grasp of psychology' Goldberg...but then, they are a hard to undertand nation at the best of times...
Fri 12/03/04 at 06:51
Regular
Mistakes were constantly made. Holly made sure they never done it again.

These kids expect to walk in a be given a contract just like that. But the truth is, they have to learn the hard way sometimes.

And I'm sure it prepared them for their matches, anyway.
Thu 11/03/04 at 23:20
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Exactly what does kicking the crap out of someone achieve? He made a mistake, like Bob Holly has never made a mistake in the ring, you don't go kicking the hell out of him and trying to injure the guy. He's learning for god sake, mistakes will be made in the learning process. Personally i think Holly should have been fired for his actions because he's a damn idiot.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.