GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"-=NATO=- clan"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Counter Strike'.
Tue 12/04/05 at 11:06
Regular
"Captain to you."
I got my mounthly e-mail from them as i didn't get deleted instantly from their forums. it made me laugh.

The emails title: Bye Bye to Membership FEES

This i thought, at least they are going to stop charging their playing members £5 a month at last, but then i read the rest of the e-mail.

--------------
Membership payments are no longer.

We will not be able to promise the dedicated server unless we charge £10.50 per
month.

There will not be membership fees from today.
---------------

Hahaha they are scraping the membership fees and just charging double, what a bunch of nobs.
Tue 12/04/05 at 11:27
Regular
"Captain to you."
Pandaemonium wrote:
> I couldn't be bothered dealing with "OMG! L33T! BBQ" idiots
> on a daily basis though.

For £2500 i could pretend for an hour a day to like all the hardcore yet ultimatly crap CSS players.
Tue 12/04/05 at 11:24
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Chippxero wrote:
> Considering they let every Gayby in the world join if they will fork
> out, i would have thought that could afford to keep their server at
> £5 from all members.
>
> I bet one of the admins has been keeping a bit for himself and so the
> money ran out.

It did cross my mind to run an operation like that. If you've got say 50 members at 5 quid a month = 250 quid = 3000 a year. The server, for a 12 month term costs 445 quid. That equals 2500 pure profit to an admin willing to fleece kids.

I couldn't be bothered dealing with "OMG! L33T! BBQ" idiots on a daily basis though.
Tue 12/04/05 at 11:17
Regular
"Captain to you."
I just got another e-mail and it basically says that the current server is being closed, but a new server will be created in summer assuming the members make donations.

Considering they let every Gayby in the world join if they will fork out, i would have thought that could afford to keep their server at £5 from all members.

I bet one of the admins has been keeping a bit for himself and so the money ran out.
Tue 12/04/05 at 11:16
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
We came, we saw, we called them virgins.
They charge £10.50 per month to play, we pay £8 and have a lot more fun in WoW
Hmmmmm...
Tue 12/04/05 at 11:12
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
If they're scrapping membrship fees (stupid to start with, but I guess a bunch of 13 year olds have to rent a server from somewhere) are they not saying the clan will soon no longer be?

Bwahahahaha.
Tue 12/04/05 at 11:06
Regular
"Captain to you."
I got my mounthly e-mail from them as i didn't get deleted instantly from their forums. it made me laugh.

The emails title: Bye Bye to Membership FEES

This i thought, at least they are going to stop charging their playing members £5 a month at last, but then i read the rest of the e-mail.

--------------
Membership payments are no longer.

We will not be able to promise the dedicated server unless we charge £10.50 per
month.

There will not be membership fees from today.
---------------

Hahaha they are scraping the membership fees and just charging double, what a bunch of nobs.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.