GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New NGC"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/04/05 at 15:13
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Good issue this.
There's a big feature on Killer 7: it sounds great (and it's on 2 discs, so none of that PN03 shortness, hopefully), but also crazy. If you didn't already know, you just press A to move your character along a set path, using the control stick to make left/right/up/down decisions every so often. You can slip into FPS mode whenever you want and start shooting people up. Different characters which you can level up (sort of) and choose between means it'll be a sort of RPG/FPS thing. Mmmm.

They analyse the Zelda trailer (like we haven't already done that), and, FFF, they think that they're exploding arrows as well (just like everyone else in the world except you).

There's a big feature on Spartan: Total Warrior, the console hack slashery game from Creative Assembly who make the excellent Total War series. Looks similar in style to Return of The King's full scale battle scenes, which is no bad thing. It looks amazing.

Scores:
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 85
Good but not hugely different

Baiten Kaitos - 83
Good but lacking atmosphere and the immersion of a great story

Dragon Ball z Budokai 2 - 59
Ghost Recon 2 - 49
Kao the Kangaroo 2 - 59
Spongebob Squarepants Movie - 61
Winnie the Pooh - 60

There's a feature on the "forgotten ancestors" of current games (NES Wars, Konami Hyper Soccer, that sort of thing) and a Resi 4 boss guide.

One of the letters this month is from me. The last one about Metroid Prime Echoes. The actual emale was way longer but oh well.
Thu 21/04/05 at 15:58
Regular
"What's basketball?"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Yeah, also a video player, but that's rubbish.
> Music all the way.

Apparently it works quite well:

First, the Play-Yan. It's nice and small (about 5mm taller than a standard GBA cart), and the quality is pretty damn nice as well. Audio playback is a crisp and clear as on my Laptop, and loud enough too. The video playback is fantastic too. I've only yet converted on file (using the confusing Japanese and Windows XP-only software) into the supported format (SD ASF) on Medium Quality setting. Even on this setting, a TV-rip of the Simpsons managed to shrink from 250MB to 80.4MB, with a clear, non-pixely picture. The sound quality was reasonable, but not as good as the MP3's. I'm going to try High Quality later, and see if it improves. The GUI of the player is easy on the eye, and the language barrier is almost non-existant, with symbols being used for pretty much anything. All in all, a great product, and probably worth the £40 (:o) it cost.

Band Brothers is next on the list. This game, is as fun as anything. Imagine, a portable Donkey Konga, but with far better songs (Smoke on the Water ) and a range of instruments roughly 20 times larger. The Japanese text is a bit confusing, and annoying when you load up a song, only to find you've picked the boring bit to it. However, with a bit of practice, I'll remember things. There's a fantastic range of songs, including a brilliant Super Mario Medley, which'll have you smiling as it goes through different Mario Themes.

Just a brief view of what I think, later on tomorrow, I will post reviews of these two and Pac Pix on a site that me, and a number of other TGN members are a part of; Flamer Gamer.
Muckers from TGN. The BEST forum in the world(no offence)
Wed 20/04/05 at 21:05
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Yeh, would be really easy to rewind/fast forward through the song on the track bar thing with the stylus.
Wed 20/04/05 at 18:27
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It doesn't have touch screen or dual screen capability, which is poor.
Wed 20/04/05 at 18:24
"period drama"
Aye, hopefully it has a kickass control system like that.
Although it is for the GBA as well ... so it's probably just be up and down and play.
Wed 20/04/05 at 18:22
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Would be genius to have the current playing track info on the top screen and being able to quickly touch through to select the next song you want to play on the bottom. You could almost construct a mini-playlist in seconds with a quick tap of the song you want. Then fold the bast up, into the pocket, PWND.
Wed 20/04/05 at 17:14
"period drama"
Yeah, also a video player, but that's rubbish.
Music all the way.
Wed 20/04/05 at 16:32
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Yep, mpegs are supported.
Wed 20/04/05 at 16:24
Regular
"What's basketball?"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> OH:
>
> And that DS / GBA music player thingy is coming out over here after
> all.
> Good times.

You mean Play-Yan? I heard it plays short videos as well. I may be wrong.
Mon 18/04/05 at 16:59
"period drama"
OH:

And that DS / GBA music player thingy is coming out over here after all.
Good times.
Mon 18/04/05 at 16:15
Regular
"What's basketball?"
JC941* wrote:
> Only just spotted this..
>
> There were asking for your pictochat art last issue. Theres some guy
> who sent in some excellent work and NGC included this link to a
> pictochat art website..
>
> [URL]http://www.ndsart.net/[/URL]

[URL]http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/message?board.id=ds&message.id=679149[/URL]

Take a gander at these! And I got NGC last Saturday as well. I subscribed to it again. They're being rather generace this issue.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.