GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stargate SG-1: The Game"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/03/04 at 16:21
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Does anyone know if a Stargate game already exists or if one is in the pipeline? The film was a major success and the T.V. series is on series 7 so they are definitely doing something right. I REALLY hope a games company decides to make it into a game. They could do it like Final Fantasy 7 or Skies Of Arcadia. It really would be great.

For example this is what you could use to get around:
Military Trucks, The Promethius, Asgard Battleships, G'hould (sp?) Motherships, G'hould short range bombers, G'hould death gliders and of course The Stargate itself.

And what about the weapons:
Automatic weapons, Pistols, Zat Guns, G'hould Staff weapons and there are obviously a variety of other Alien races that they could meet and take their weapons from.

Character skills:
Major Samantha Carter- She is the smart one of the group, she's the one who saves earth's butt god knows how many times with her amazing plans and ability to backwards engineer and interface with a variety of alien technologies

Dr Daniel Jackson- He's not actually in the military but he's a member of SG-1 because he was the one who original got the Stargate working. He knows many languages both earth and otherworld in origin and he has even ascended to a higher plain of existence when he became an Ancient. (VERY advanced aliens)

Colonel Jack O'Neil- He is the leader of SG-1, an excellent military leader but not the brightest of them all. He's very much just there to take command and get the rest of his team to do the hard work. Still he is a great military leader

Last but not least T'ealc (sp?)- He is a Jaffa warrior who stopped worshipping false gods which are actually just G'hould parasites which infest human bodies and make the host do a variety of evil things. G'houlds are the main enemy throughout the film and series. T'ealc has one of them in his stomach which he carries until it reaches maturity. He can't get rid of it because it acts in place of his imune system. That's how the G'hould enslaved his people. But no he is a monotonous strong warrior who fights for SG-1. A great ally.

Now come on doesn't that sound like it could be made into a great game? All of you that have watched the T.V. series should be able to think of how well it could be transferred to game but for all of you that haven't it really could be done VERY well. I just hope a company like Nintendo realises that soon.
Thu 04/03/04 at 20:43
Regular
Lan Di wrote:
> Yes its snes edgy.

Not the one I was thinking of...but that'll do as an example.
Thu 04/03/04 at 20:42
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
It would make an awseome FPS.

Imagine shooting your way through a goa'uld starship, planting explosives at the core, escaping with a death glider, then blowing the core.

SWEEEEET!
Thu 04/03/04 at 19:50
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
I have it pictured in my mind and I know it could be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more than a first person shooter. It should be a daring new cross between Final Fantasy, Project Eden and one of the Star Trek games on PC. *wipes tear* It could be made so beautiful.
Thu 04/03/04 at 19:29
Regular
"Enchilladas"
Yes its snes edgy.

*Cough dark files cough*
Thu 04/03/04 at 19:28
Regular
There is already a Stargate game.

It is about as old as the film itself mind...
Thu 04/03/04 at 19:06
"period drama"
SG-1 just wouldn't work as a game at all.
Or it would, just very very badly.

You just know they'd try a 3rd person-shooter, where you do feck all shooting and the person runs like they're on rails.

*Spasms*

An RPG would be better.
But still bad.
Thu 04/03/04 at 17:59
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Oh, and it's spelt Teal'c
Thu 04/03/04 at 17:58
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
I keep on planning to make a stargate game, were you go on off world missions and explore huge levels to find like ancient ruins and stuff.
But im no good at graphics...so ive never got round to making it.
Thu 04/03/04 at 17:49
Regular
"Enchilladas"
Errm there is a Stargate game on snes.
Thu 04/03/04 at 17:36
"Majestic"
I think it would work as a adventure/RPG game.
Like KOTOR.

Find and buy new weapons, and go to different planets, achieving various goals, and maybe fining the odd secret coordinate, to travel to secret planets.

It should be made into a linear game; you should have freedom over what planets you visit.

And controlling you characters in a KOTOR way, switching between “main characters” for different skills, like Dr. Jacko to decode a language, but he would have to have necessary “high enough” skills to do this.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.