GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition Impressions.."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition'.
Sat 16/04/05 at 02:23
Regular
"Touched!"
Picked up a copy earlier..just having a quick bash before I go to bed. First off the graphics. They do their job. Solid framerate, clean graphics but nothing to get wet pants over. The one thing I'm finding very easy so far is the handling. It just seems too easy to control the car, I remember playing MC2 and finding the handling a bit hit and miss, I'm thinking when I get a faster car I'll be saying the opposite of this as the car you start off with is going to be pretty cack by all accounts. There is a garage feature just like NFSU2 which allows you to upgrade and change the look of the car etc. I've only had a very brief go but I do think it's better than NFSU2 which I hated. I'll be giving it a proper bash tomorrow but first impressions are that of a very polished racer that's so far living up to the reviews. Just not sure about the handling so far but I rekon it will depend on the car.

Aint tried live yet but as far as stats go (Hedfix) in the single player you get Game stats, Career stats, city stats, race stats and vehicle stats. It kinda reminds me of GTA the way the game plays and feels. Can definately pick out it's a rockstar game. Just looking at the live stats there does seem to be quite a few such as:

No of wins
Second place
Third place
Distance driven
Races started
Races completed
Number of sign-in's (bit of an odd one!)
Flags returned
flags stolen
Total tag points

Another good thing about the live play is you can use items against your opponents such as reversing their steering, making it feel like they are driving on ice, nitro power up's etc which could/should add more to the races and make them more tense. Some of the cars do look pretty sweet.
You also have race time stats. And you can have a club (clan) which sounds pretty cool. There is also custom soundtracks as well as content download and 7 players on live (8 including yourself). Looking good so far!
Tue 19/04/05 at 00:36
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Rush 2049 makes other arcade racers cry.

I won't be getting this for a number of reasons, the main one being it doesn't look all that special.

Rush 2049, rush rush rush.

Ahhhhh......
Mon 18/04/05 at 23:53
Regular
Outrun 2 was horrible.

Best arcade racer ever would be Rush 2049.
Mon 18/04/05 at 23:48
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I'm still holding out for Mashed online - but that doesn't seem likely. Might just wait for Forza.

I still maintain that OutRun 2 is the best online racer ever. If you haven't got it - get it!
Mon 18/04/05 at 03:03
Regular
"8==="
Looks good.

I shall give this some serious consideration.

Might wait for Rush though.
Sun 17/04/05 at 20:35
Regular
"Ruddie1"
Im finding it bit of a let down. Its far too easy. So far i'd say NFSU2 is better.
Sun 17/04/05 at 18:53
Regular
"Remember me?"
This game is the nuts. Compared to NFSU2, it's much faster, far easier to really powerslide around corners and the car modding stuff is ten times more accessable, if not as extensive. Still kicks NFSU2 up the jacksie though, and that game was pretty good.
Sat 16/04/05 at 09:38
Regular
Hefix has some kind of fetish for stats.

:D

If this is good on LIVE I may get it.
Sat 16/04/05 at 07:48
Regular
"8==="
Can't wait for Chavout 4, Chave for speed, Chuiced and of course Chava Street 2...

Bangin'
Sat 16/04/05 at 05:14
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
So Midnight Chav 3 is looking better than the 2nd one... Maybe I'll hire it sometime..
Sat 16/04/05 at 02:34
Regular
"8==="
Sounds pretty good.

Hopefully you can limit the cars people can race with on live this time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.