GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This Months OXM...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/04/05 at 13:14
Regular
Demos include:

Juiced - The only one I've played, and only had chance to play it twice. However it's bloody good and a vast improvement in graphics, AI and handling. Will definitely get this.

Pariah
Robots
Sid Meiers Pirates
Mercenaries (again?)
Forza (again?)
Area 51 (haven't we had this before as well?)

Reviews & Scores:

Pariah - 8.9 and Game of the Month
Midnight Club 3 - 8.2
NARC - 6.5
WWE Wrestle 21 - 7.3
Forza - 9.4
Red Ninja - 5.4
Juiced - 8.0
Lego Star Wars - 7.6
Predator - 6.1
Area 51 - 7.1

They've got a huge preview on the next Burnout game, and the next Star Wars Battlefront. And some more. But I can't remember what it all is....
Thu 21/04/05 at 23:27
Regular
Got the mag earlier, really wish I hadn't bothered.

Pariah demo's good, enjoyed that. It doesn't do anything amazingly new but it's a lot of fun and for £25 you can hardly complain, so I pre-ordered that earlier.

Pirates demo is rubbish simply because it's really short and it's a multiplayer only demo. I still plan on buying the full game even as it's the single player I'm getting it for...oh and Pirates rock!

The rest of the magazine and the disk aren't even worth talking about....so I won't.
Thu 21/04/05 at 20:55
Regular
"Da num.01 rapper"
Great i dont have the mag but it looks excelent grade demos!
g
Thu 21/04/05 at 17:32
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Excellent, cause if its any good I'll order it before I leave for the States. :-)
Thu 21/04/05 at 17:24
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
That and the Pariah demo.

I haven't had chance to try it out yet, but I will try tonight and let you know!
Thu 21/04/05 at 13:56
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Not so much, it's OXM.
Thu 21/04/05 at 13:54
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Oooooooooooo, that new Battlefront news might have me buying the mag today. :-) That and the Pariah demo.
Regular
Cycloon wrote:
> Forza gets 9.4 and Pariah gets 8.9 and GOTM?
>
> Gotta love OXM.

I did think that was a bit strange...
Regular
Haven't played Forza yet. I'm a bit worried that it's the same demo they put on a while back - which was so damn realistic (read "hard") that I personally didn't find it enjoyable at all.

Juiced is a lot more arcadey, the upgrade system is deep, but simple enough so that non-petrol heads like me can get into it. The "respect" feature seems to work quite well. Some crews will respect you more for betting on outcomes of races while if you run into someone and cause damage, that crew will lose some respect for you.

It looks like it's going to be quite a big game in single player - can't really tell from the demo as it's only two races. Anyway, I really liked PGR 1, the sequel less so, and I thought NFSU was ok. Juiced however, looks spot on.
Thu 21/04/05 at 13:51
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Forza gets 9.4 and Pariah gets 8.9 and GOTM?

Gotta love OXM.
Thu 21/04/05 at 13:15
Regular
"Touched!"
What were the good/bad points of Forza? And the same with Juiced if you don't mind mate!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.