GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why Smoking will never be banned..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/02/04 at 21:03
Regular
"She's a dog!"
Most people think smoking isn't banned because of the tax the Government gets from smoking. This is true, as the tax gained outweighs the NHS cost of treating people with smoking diseases.
But I propose another and possibly more pertinent theory of while smoking isn't banned. The Government needs people to die. The country is already in millions of debt due to pensions so it has cut or stopped many but why stop smoking that kills many people, not only gaining money in taxes but killing off people so they are not viable for pensions.
Also, the inheritance tax then gets the Governement more money as when people die, a ridiculous amount of money is forced from the bereaved family and shoved into the Government's hands. This logic can then be stretched to other areas like the downgrading of cannabis, the non-banning of alcochol, even as far as obesity problems. Death generates money for the Government, which is why certain things will never be banned and why the Government are so keen on keeping obesity levels high and smoking legal.
Sun 08/02/04 at 12:51
"The Will of D."
> Kingy2000 wrote:
> its a great book, everybody should have a copy, like a bible, only
> this is far more interesting

Perhaps 1984 is far more beleivable than the Bible will ever be.
Fri 06/02/04 at 23:06
Regular
"The Red Shift"
basically our country (like many in europe) is lacking of young people. although dependent on the state for a while, they will be the active workers, earners and tax payers. pensions will get smaller than they are and tax will rise. bad for our parents, bad for us. "unless we all go at it like bunnies over the next 20 years, there could be trouble" -a quote from me. however, we have a slightly increasing population unlike eastern europe, italy and germany. its catch 22 though. more people (particularly elderly) = stress on services and infrastructure. less people (particularly workers) = financial stress on country and inhabitants.

as for smoking, i just want to see more areas in public places banned. sorry to delight you borat, but you're killing us all and you could just run on beer for a while...
Fri 06/02/04 at 21:58
Regular
Going back to the original topic, it's a grim idea, but believable.
Fri 06/02/04 at 19:55
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Kingy2000 wrote:
> its a great book, everybody should have a copy, like a bible, only
> this is far more interesting

Haha, good quote that.
Fri 06/02/04 at 16:06
Regular
"Nice Knowing You"
its a great book, everybody should have a copy, like a bible, onkly this is far more interesting
Fri 06/02/04 at 11:19
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Sorry, but we've got it a hell of a lot better that Wilson Smith.

and its "Winston Smith"..............

I give up. My brain is mush today. I shouldn't have watched that NIN Broken movie. Its freaked me out....................
Fri 06/02/04 at 11:13
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
than.
Fri 06/02/04 at 11:13
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Kingy2000 wrote:
> too right
>
> so what if the reality came 20 years later

Sorry, but we've got it a hell of a lot better that Wilson Smith.
Fri 06/02/04 at 11:03
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
The government receives 3 times the money from taxing smokers than it costs to treat smokers. Simple answer.
Fri 06/02/04 at 09:49
Regular
"Nice Knowing You"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Kingy2000 wrote:
> nearly there tho
>
> has anybody read 1984
>
> EVERYBODY should read 1984. Without question.

too right

so what if the reality came 20 years later

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.