GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story Competition 4 (SSC4)"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/11/06 at 19:47
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Apologies for the delay.
It's number four! - my favourite number, and the theme I've arrived at after much seesawing is:

Underneath

I hope that fires the imagination in some way.

Closing date: 27th November.
No word limit. Short or long or something in-between.

Winner: Everpain
Tue 28/11/06 at 21:41
Regular
"I may return"
*Slips Everpain a fiver*

:P
Tue 28/11/06 at 18:21
Regular
"Author of Pain"
Thanks for choosing me Sib.

Although I likely only won due to a disturbing lack of contestants this time around. Given the variety such a topic, I really expected a more solid effort.

I do, however, appreciate any recognition, and understand that those who chose not to enter had their reasons.

I will start a topic for the next comp shortly. As a heads up, I will attempt to critique all entries as thoroughly as I am able (as opposed to the usual 'not bad' sentence of mild mannered praise).
Tue 28/11/06 at 16:33
Regular
"I may return"
Everpain...Yeah that'll very interesting or painful! :P

Edit: Congrats aswell :D
Tue 28/11/06 at 12:10
"possibly impossible"
Well done, Everpain.

I'm sure you'll come up with an interesting topic for the next one...
Tue 28/11/06 at 09:45
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Eek! I had an idea for this well over a week ago but never got it transferred from head to paper, well pixels, it was a seasonal story as well (but not a good one!). So sorry :(

My excuse is I had a lot of uni work to do for an assignment I handed in on Friday and then I had some work to do on tiding up my blog and getting the next entries together which is also for my uni work.
Sun 26/11/06 at 21:29
Regular
"I may return"
Sibelius wrote:
> Only three to judge. hm.

Hahaha!
This means I'm garranteed (spell?) to be in the top three 8^)
*Evil laugh*
Sun 26/11/06 at 19:29
Regular
"Author of Pain"
Given the subject, I would have expected more entries. Especially since some people have said they would enter, and haven't...
Sun 26/11/06 at 15:14
Regular
"I may return"
I was gonna write 2, but I forgot my other idea...
Sun 26/11/06 at 13:49
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Only three to judge. hm.
Sat 25/11/06 at 12:21
Regular
I'm going to struggle to find time to write up my idea into an actual story this weekend..

oh well.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.