GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Autism"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/02/04 at 15:17
Regular
"??????"
Unfortunately, I happen to have Autism. Anyone know any websites about it, because it's really starting to get me down as I enter "THAT" stage of life...

Also, if anyone has Aspergers, AD/HD or other forms of Autism, I highly recommend getting one of Luke Jackson's books. Very helpful :)

I know it's unlike me to start such a Thread, but could someone help me find some sites, please?
Sun 01/02/04 at 20:00
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
> Autism hmmm I have no idea what that is. Mind giving us a brief
> description?

Sun 01/02/04 at 19:51
Regular
"Baros!!!"
What kind of Autism do you have?

My sister has classic autism. She was fine as a baby and we have her on video saying words. When she was 3 she lost the ability to communicate. She's 13 now and still can't talk and we have to guess when she wants a drink or anything.

I always think one day she'll talk, but there is no way it can happen.
Sun 01/02/04 at 17:11
Galacticdramon wrote:
> Does anyone out there happen to have Aspergers and needs help with it?
> I should know about it.

Yeah, I'm in desperate need of help Galactic geezer, so I'll ask help from a stranger on a forum.
Sun 01/02/04 at 16:36
"period drama"
Autism is the lack of a Theory Of Mind, as researched by Baron Cohen et al.

Spot the psychology student.

And that Baron Cohen is, indeed, related to Ali G.
Sun 01/02/04 at 16:18
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
monkey_man wrote:
> Well, Dustin Hoffman, who doesn't have autism, plays a character who
> does have the condition - that's pretty insulting right there.

That's totally ridiculous. It's called acting; when someone acts English (or Scottish/Welsh/whatever) does it insult you?

Effectively there are now two branches of autism. It has become a "trendy" mental condition; and as the vast majority of people show a handful of it's symptoms it is easy to incorrectly diagnose or use as an excuse for other unexplained/unattractive problems.
Sun 01/02/04 at 16:13
Regular
"That's right!"
I saw a kid on TV who thought when teachers would tell him "Pull your socks up." he thought they meant for him to literally pull his socks up.

Amazing.
Sun 01/02/04 at 15:51
Regular
"??????"
Does anyone out there happen to have Aspergers and needs help with it? I should know about it.
Sun 01/02/04 at 15:50
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Yes, because all narrow minded people are smokers *rolls eyes*
Sun 01/02/04 at 15:49
Regular
"??????"
> Yeh it's shockingly bad but people find it hard to accept what is
> different and change takes a long time to happen so they just have to
> learn to deal with it really and try and get support. There will
> always be narrow minded people who take the mick. It's not an easy
> thing to change.

Oh, I don't know...Imagine this in a Political Talk on the TV...

People sit around the TV taking the Mick.
Blair: If people persist in taking the Michael, I shall ban smoking!
Everyone shuts up.
Sun 01/02/04 at 15:47
Regular
"??????"
About the Ritalin thing...how come someone WITHOUT AD/HD can take it and go hyper, but someone WITH AD/HD can take it and it actually HELPS them?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.