GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm getting an iPod"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/01/04 at 15:29
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Yep. Should be here on friday or thursday.

20gb 3rd generation.
I can't wait.
How else has got an iPod?
Sat 31/01/04 at 18:46
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Dr Gonzo wrote:
> Blank wrote:
> Yeah, but the thing is, neither the Zen nor the iPod are being
> offered free...
>
> But that doesn't mean you have to have the flood of iPod slagging in
> the "my PS2/Xbox/Gamecube is better than all the rest because
> XYZ" style. Espically when the people blatently don't know
> anything about excellent hardware and absolutely perfect software.

Oh yeah, of course. But price is an important factor. I'd almost definitely go for the iPod if there was no charge involved, but in the real world people are on a budget. Things like cost and value for money come into it.
Sat 31/01/04 at 18:19
Regular
iPods are pretty cool pieces of kit, i've seen one in the flesh, well my computer studies teacher showed us it at college the other day. It's quite small and discreet, I like it's sleekness, he's an avid apple Mac fan though, so i'm guessing he purchased the iPod because of his love for apple.

Still, I can't afford the Zen or the iPod, I just wish I could have one :)
Sat 31/01/04 at 17:47
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
How did he damage it? dropped it or something?
Sat 31/01/04 at 16:18
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Dr Gonzo wrote:
> As I've said before, ask an iPod user - they'll have no complaints.

I had to send my iPod to get fixed last week. I've had it for about 9 months, so it'ss under warranty.

The service was fantastic.

The problem? Hard-drive noises due to mishandling by my friend. He was happy to pay for the repair, though.

And apart from that, I've had no problems whatsoever. So yes, I agree with Gonzo.
Sat 31/01/04 at 16:16
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Does it really matter? Honestly?

No.

You have what you have because that's what you want. Nothing more, nothing less.
Sat 31/01/04 at 15:09
Regular
"gsybe you!"
The Zen is more than worthy alternative to the Ipod. It's cheaper and stores more for equivalent prices, looks are irrelevant as long as the thing is small (but both are v. small and very attractive pieces of kit) and I just use WMA files of WMP. Easy.

Once one has either of these, there is no way back to CDs etc. Cubist you tart, just out your CDs on PC and then copy them over to an Mp3 player. Infinitly better.
Sat 31/01/04 at 13:29
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Memorandum! wrote:
get the Zen. It supports more useful formats. WMA is used a lot
> now because of the simplicity of converting CDs to WMA using Windows
> Media Player and as far as I know

Splendidly irrelevant. One lovely iTunes button rips, automatically tags, and sends a whole album over to the Pod in MP3 or ACC format. The process literally couldn;t be simpler... well I supose the computer could go buy the CD for you and put it in the drive...

> Your example of 'which you'd choose for free' is just stupid
> and irrelevant.

No it's not; it's supposed to highlight that the only reason anyone has any problems with the iPod is due to it's price. High quality hardware demands high prices, but every penny is on show. A million people will look at the price, say "I'm not paying that", and than fabricate reasons why the iPod is so rubbish to justify their penny-pinching rather than any genuine limitations of the kit. As I've said before, ask an iPod user - they'll have no complaints.
Fri 30/01/04 at 22:45
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I got an iPod because I liked the look of them.

Itunes is simple to use, it converts your CD's into MP3 or AAC files for putting on the IPod.
I got the 20GB model, cause I know that all the music I own and like would fit onto it.

Its only half full with all the music I own already on it.

Quite how someone could fill a 60GB zen or 40GB iPod with music that they would listen too goes beyond me, guess it depends on what sample rates and overall quality the files you put on it are.
Fri 30/01/04 at 22:29
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Yeah, fair doos, its just what you like.

Im sure they all do the same in theory. Play music. It's just what you like best.
Fri 30/01/04 at 22:18
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Looks are personal opinion. I like the Zen better - there's just something about the iPod that isn't as cool.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.