GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"why ??"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/08/09 at 13:57
Regular
hello
why is my website not showing up on google ?? and when it does its not under my website name in under freeola !

please help me am not very good at the website stuff lol and
really want mywebsite to be on google under its name

www.ovcharkas.co.uk

many thanks
CAO
Tue 25/08/09 at 15:41
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
Digitrader wrote:
> Your site dosent have any meta tags either, search engines will
> find your site sooner if you add some meta tags to it.
>
> At the moment anyone searching for your site would struggle to
> find it as you have not left any clues for the search engines to
> find.
>
> Digi

I wouldn't say sooner, however if you want to provide some content for search engines then they can be useful. For example to provide descriptions of pages the meta description tag is useful however Google seems to take what it wants nowadays.

As for the keywords meta tag, it is useful for defining keywords for a page, however your content is the main thing that brings people into your site, after all what is Google going to value more, good content visitors can see, or keywords in meta tags only Google can see?

I'm generalizing search engines as Google, oh my!
Mon 24/08/09 at 20:29
Regular
Your site dosent have any meta tags either, search engines will find your site sooner if you add some meta tags to it.

At the moment anyone searching for your site would struggle to find it as you have not left any clues for the search engines to find.

Digi
Mon 24/08/09 at 16:34
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I would also recommend giving your pages a unique title, which is the text that appears within the top of the web browser. At the moment, none of your pages seem to have titles.

The titles go with in the <title> elements of your web page code, which are currently empty.
Mon 24/08/09 at 14:35
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
Go to http://google.com/addurl

Fill in the form and submit, your site should then be indexed over the next few days/weeks.
Mon 24/08/09 at 13:57
Regular
hello
why is my website not showing up on google ?? and when it does its not under my website name in under freeola !

please help me am not very good at the website stuff lol and
really want mywebsite to be on google under its name

www.ovcharkas.co.uk

many thanks
CAO

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.