GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A level Results"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/08/09 at 12:37
Regular
Here are mine:

English Literature: B
History: B
Economics: B

Was supposed to get AAB to get into Sussex, but I smooth criminaled my way in ;P
Sat 22/08/09 at 12:21
Regular
"That's right!"
I remember at GSCE geography, I was put in for the easier exam (was it called the foundation?) which meant the highest I could get would be a C. Since that was higher than my predicted grade I thought why bother arguing?

My friend was also put in for the foundation exam but thought he could do better so managed to convince the teacher to put him on the higher paper.

The foundation exam was INSULTINGLY easy, even someone like myself who missed around a quarter of all of my geography lessons breezed through it with time to spare, it was asking things I'd learned in my first few years! (back when I used to, y'know, attend lessons)

I of course got a C, and my friend who did the higher paper, which everyone said was actually pretty difficult? He got a C as well, only he had to work a heck of a lot harder for it.

No moral to this story, but maybe it shows how sometimes being lazy can pay off (I probably would've got a D if I'd done the real exam). And if that was almost 10 years ago, I dread to think how easy the exams are now!
Sat 22/08/09 at 10:34
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Nice one on the results. I remember studying Jane Austen too... fun times...
Fri 21/08/09 at 20:15
Regular
Easy exams just compensate for the terrible teaching and lack of learning resources. Our high school was run by a businessman and they kept on firing decent teachers to replace them with accountants and whatnot. Then I had the lolzy experience of being told all the revision books for my exams were out of print.

Exams are just retarded in general, I spent 4 months studying Pride and Prejudice to be asked in an english exam whether laughing at someone else's misfortune is morally acceptable :|
I feel ashamed that people who didn't even finish the books were able to perform better in the exam than I was.
Fri 21/08/09 at 19:30
Regular
"That's right!"
It was years ago, but I got two Cs, one in Drama the other in Sociology. Yes, I did the easy subjects and still only got Cs (I was doing English literature but I got kicked out), after that I did a national diploma in media production which was the equivalent of two Bs and a C at A level. If I'd resat the two A level exams I messed up (one for each subject) I could've dragged my grades up to Bs/As, but I was sick of my 6th form and wanted out. Kinda regret it now...

And with these marvellous grades? I ended up working for HMRC after filling in a form and managing to not drool during an interview which lasted around 30 seconds. Five years later and I'm still there, at the same grade (other than a 9 month stint when I was temporarily promoted).

Bah.

Anyway, if you want proof that the exams are getting easier, I got a B at GSCE English literature back in 2000. My ex, who can't spell, doesn't know anything about grammar and knows even less about sentence structure (I know this because I used to proof read her uni work, she would leave sentences literally half finished) but is three years younger than I am got an A at GCSE and at A level. And she can't even spell. Or string a sentence together.

(OK, so there are a few sentence fragments in this post, but this is the internet, not Oxford).
Fri 21/08/09 at 12:36
Regular
Wild Abra used teleport!
Fri 21/08/09 at 12:14
Regular
"You've upset me"
Don't, you'll drive him away.
Fri 21/08/09 at 10:23
"Retarded List"
negrep
Fri 21/08/09 at 01:14
Regular
But that's the way you like it b***h ;)
Fri 21/08/09 at 01:09
Regular
"You've upset me"
I'm not gonna give you anymore now Alfonse. You're rude
Fri 21/08/09 at 00:43
Regular
The good thing about starting uni now is that once you've graduated, the recession should be well over and you would be able to stroll into a job like people have done years ago.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.