GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lakers Parting Rant"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/01/04 at 12:49
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
So here i am about 20 hours before i leave this tax ridden country for the whiter pastures of Canada and couldn't be happier (if absolutely shattered after signing about 110 travellors cheques). However before i leave i shall share my thoughts on the WWE and other certain things and i don't care whether you're bothered or not, if i have to suffer HHH taking up most of RAW then you shall suffer a post from me :-D

HHH (the post-bulked up hulk one anyway) sucks, plain and simple. Has to be the first point i raise of course and shall be raised again no doubt throughout the topic.

*** Reason 1 - undeserved political backstage power. Austin, Foley and Rock earned their power by actually helping the business and making it successful, HHH got his by humping the boss' daughter.

Hopefully this will be the year the WWE gets their creative team sorted out because they have been quite frankly - crap. They push rubbish like Batista, A-Train and Big Show who are only good at almost ending wrestlers career while giving real talent like Benoit and Eddie rubbish storylines and pointless feuds.

Hopefully TNA will start to become a force and challenge WWE's position. It might be the kick up the ass Vince needs to sort out his stale boring promotion.

*** Reason 2 - He's about as good at getting new and upcoming talent over as Arsene Wenger is at seeing things. Other wrestlers like Rocky layed down for guys like Hurricane while HHH just runs them over and makes them look crap. I had high hopes when Booker got his match against HHH but again he no sold his way throughout the feud, hit the talent suppressor (sorry had to steal it, it's so great) and that was the end of Booker's hope of the belt and my hope of seeing someone new hold the belt.

DW and Grandprix are 2 guys i have to give credit to for making this forum a great place to be in (and of course Lipe who gave me many great moments being able to annoy the hell out of him :-D) so keep up the good work guys and keep your eyes and hands off my wrestling figure collection DW, they're under tighter security than Alcatraz............well it's got a child proof lock on the cupboard anyway.

Guys who i feel deserve a big push over the coming year - Cena, Eddie, Hurricane, RVD, Booker, Jericho, Ultimo, Benoit. Those are the ones that come straight to mind anyway, probably missed some

*** Reason 3 - He's got so bloody boring. Yes Rock, Austin et al say the same thing but at least they add some new things in or say the same things but in different ways to different wrestlers. HHH has been spouting the same *i'm the best* crap for 3 odd years now

Wrestlers i'd like to see hired - The old guys from the cruiserweight division in WCW, the only decent thing about it in the end. Psychosis, 'The Juice' Juventud, Blitzkrieg etc etc. For nostalgia purposes, Macho Man. Again having a mental block now although i had a 2 metre long list before i started typing.

Unfortunately have been cut short by an angry relative wanting the computer. Shall finish this later. Be warned Lipe :-D
Sat 10/01/04 at 12:49
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
So here i am about 20 hours before i leave this tax ridden country for the whiter pastures of Canada and couldn't be happier (if absolutely shattered after signing about 110 travellors cheques). However before i leave i shall share my thoughts on the WWE and other certain things and i don't care whether you're bothered or not, if i have to suffer HHH taking up most of RAW then you shall suffer a post from me :-D

HHH (the post-bulked up hulk one anyway) sucks, plain and simple. Has to be the first point i raise of course and shall be raised again no doubt throughout the topic.

*** Reason 1 - undeserved political backstage power. Austin, Foley and Rock earned their power by actually helping the business and making it successful, HHH got his by humping the boss' daughter.

Hopefully this will be the year the WWE gets their creative team sorted out because they have been quite frankly - crap. They push rubbish like Batista, A-Train and Big Show who are only good at almost ending wrestlers career while giving real talent like Benoit and Eddie rubbish storylines and pointless feuds.

Hopefully TNA will start to become a force and challenge WWE's position. It might be the kick up the ass Vince needs to sort out his stale boring promotion.

*** Reason 2 - He's about as good at getting new and upcoming talent over as Arsene Wenger is at seeing things. Other wrestlers like Rocky layed down for guys like Hurricane while HHH just runs them over and makes them look crap. I had high hopes when Booker got his match against HHH but again he no sold his way throughout the feud, hit the talent suppressor (sorry had to steal it, it's so great) and that was the end of Booker's hope of the belt and my hope of seeing someone new hold the belt.

DW and Grandprix are 2 guys i have to give credit to for making this forum a great place to be in (and of course Lipe who gave me many great moments being able to annoy the hell out of him :-D) so keep up the good work guys and keep your eyes and hands off my wrestling figure collection DW, they're under tighter security than Alcatraz............well it's got a child proof lock on the cupboard anyway.

Guys who i feel deserve a big push over the coming year - Cena, Eddie, Hurricane, RVD, Booker, Jericho, Ultimo, Benoit. Those are the ones that come straight to mind anyway, probably missed some

*** Reason 3 - He's got so bloody boring. Yes Rock, Austin et al say the same thing but at least they add some new things in or say the same things but in different ways to different wrestlers. HHH has been spouting the same *i'm the best* crap for 3 odd years now

Wrestlers i'd like to see hired - The old guys from the cruiserweight division in WCW, the only decent thing about it in the end. Psychosis, 'The Juice' Juventud, Blitzkrieg etc etc. For nostalgia purposes, Macho Man. Again having a mental block now although i had a 2 metre long list before i started typing.

Unfortunately have been cut short by an angry relative wanting the computer. Shall finish this later. Be warned Lipe :-D
Sat 10/01/04 at 13:34
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
No problems on the stealing of 'talent suppressor'. Everyone should enjoy that goodness. Also, thank you for your comment about myself and DW. I certainly try my best and I'm sure everyone tries hard too.

Are you planning on getting online over in Canada? It just seems like everyone is leaving.
Sat 10/01/04 at 14:13
Regular
Ooooh, haven't read it yet but I can tell I'm not gonna like this :P
Sat 10/01/04 at 14:42
Regular
Lol, not as bad as I thought. I do agree with some things on there, mainly on giving a push to wrestlers and holding back Eddie and Benoit. I do hope that A-Train and people such as him leave or get put in some stupid storyline, but leaving would be better :D
Sat 10/01/04 at 18:24
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
I hereby declare myself as the official Triple H defender. Blah.

"So here i am about 20 hours before i leave this tax ridden country for the whiter pastures of Canada and couldn't be happier (if absolutely shattered after signing about 110 travellors cheques). However before i leave i shall share my thoughts on the WWE and other certain things and i don't care whether you're bothered or not, if i have to suffer HHH taking up most of RAW then you shall suffer a post from me :-D"
.....Deep Breath.......

"HHH (the post-bulked up hulk one anyway) sucks, plain and simple."
Errrrrrr.......
Watch the Last Man Standing match at the Rumble and tell me that again.
Remember, it takes TWO talented wrestlers to put on a quality match.

"*** Reason 1 - undeserved political backstage power. Austin, Foley and Rock earned their power by actually helping the business and making it successful, HHH got his by humping the boss' daughter."
That's totally unfounded. Don't you remember Hunter Hurst Helmsley jobbing to an aging Ultimate Warrior in under a minute at Wrestlemania?
Trips has paid his dues, and now hes at the top, for the right reasons.
Rock vs Triple H feud in the mid 90's anyone?

"Hopefully this will be the year the WWE gets their creative team sorted out because they have been quite frankly - crap. They push rubbish like Batista, A-Train and Big Show who are only good at almost ending wrestlers career while giving real talent like Benoit and Eddie rubbish storylines and pointless feuds."
Batista is okay. But I agree with you on the A-Train and Big Show comment.
In fact, to me Smackdown has become rather boring towards the end of 2003.

"Hopefully TNA will start to become a force and challenge WWE's position. It might be the kick up the ass Vince needs to sort out his stale boring promotion."
Here here!
I have been saying this for a while, and I couldn't agree more. WWE needs some genuine competition or it will crash and burn.

"*** Reason 2 - He's about as good at getting new and upcoming talent over as Arsene Wenger is at seeing things. Other wrestlers like Rocky layed down for guys like Hurricane while HHH just runs them over and makes them look crap. I had high hopes when Booker got his match against HHH but again he no sold his way throughout the feud, hit the talent suppressor (sorry had to steal it, it's so great) and that was the end of Booker's hope of the belt and my hope of seeing someone new hold the belt."
Booker T as a champion would ruin the WWE. Thats why he lost to god, er... I mean Triple H.
If Triple H is the talent supressor, he must have some sort of "untalent filter", as the guy he eventually dropped the title to was the biggest pile of talentless crud since Nathan Jones. Need I say more?

"DW and Grandprix are 2 guys i have to give credit to for making this forum a great place to be in (and of course Lipe who gave me many great moments being able to annoy the hell out of him :-D) so keep up the good work guys and keep your eyes and hands off my wrestling figure collection DW, they're under tighter security than Alcatraz............well it's got a child proof lock on the cupboard anyway."
Awfully disheartened not to get a mention.....

"Guys who i feel deserve a big push over the coming year - Cena, Eddie, Hurricane, RVD, Booker, Jericho, Ultimo, Benoit. Those are the ones that come straight to mind anyway, probably missed some"
Disagree with Booker and RVD, as I feel they are at their peak at the moment, that is, in the upper-mid card region.
The rest, especially Jericho need an almighty push.

"*** Reason 3 - He's got so bloody boring. Yes Rock, Austin et al say the same thing but at least they add some new things in or say the same things but in different ways to different wrestlers. HHH has been spouting the same *i'm the best* crap for 3 odd years now"
What do you want him to say? "I am the worst!"
Austin has been drinking beers and talking like an unbelievable idiot for the past 10 years now.

"Wrestlers i'd like to see hired - The old guys from the cruiserweight division in WCW, the only decent thing about it in the end."
What? In 96-98 WCW was a superior promotion. FACT.

"Psychosis, 'The Juice' Juventud,"
I doubt The Rock will ever allow this guy in the WWE. If ya smeeeeeeeellll what The Juice....is cooking.
"For nostalgia purposes, Macho Man."
Yeah, but for me, moreso Bret Hart.
If HBK beat Trips for the title at the Rumble and then Hart came back to fight him at WM for the ultimate grudge match? No Earl Hebnar, and no Sharpshooter allowed...... hehheh.

"Again having a mental block now although i had a 2 metre long list before i started typing."
Perhaps Sting? Fire Goldberg, anyway.

Awaiting your finish....
Sat 10/01/04 at 22:15
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Grandprix wrote:

> Are you planning on getting online over in Canada? It just seems like
> everyone is leaving.

I'll be a bit too busy with Uni and stuff. I've got to learn a playbook the size of the whole set of Encyclopedia plus i'll have my homework which unlike secondary school i will actually have to do if i want to keep my basketball scholarship.

Try to get on once a month maybe to bash HHH some more but other than that i doubt it :-D
Sat 10/01/04 at 22:32
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Anyway part 2 coming up where i shall moan even more about HHH, feminists (what they got to do with wrestling i don't know i just want to moan about them) and other assorted things.
Sat 10/01/04 at 22:48
Regular
"Swivel!"
I agree, with the cruiserwight part. Juventud was a great cruiserweight in my opinion,
Sat 10/01/04 at 23:36
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
The womens division - Waste of bloody time, their matches, wrestling wise, look about as appealing as Mae Young. If you watch it just for the T and A then it's ok but if you're actually a wrestling fan having to watch this lot botch their way to a finish trying to wrestle it just makes you cringe. Vince, either get some decent wrestlers in or just have gimmik matches all the times like the first to be handcuffed up to a bed, or stripped off of all their clothes (their virtually naked anyway just go the whole hog)

*** Reason 4 - Just look at the ratings. Your main star should be the main person responsible for people watching because you're the champ and therefore supposedly the best the business has to offer. However just look at the state of the WWE at the moment, they can't even sell out 10,000 sized arenas. Buyrates are at their lowest for ages as well. However in the 2 weeks HHH was away a while ago the ratings shot up, coincidence? i think not somehow.

Feminists - Nothing to do with wrestling (well apart when their moaning about the treatment of the divas, shut up you trout faced muppets, just because you look like Martin Keown in drag) i know but i need to have a moan about them.
Is there another group of people as big a hypocrites as this lot? They moan about equal rights yet where are they campaiging for them in the divorce system, law system itself, education and health system where women have by far the better of it? Obviously must have missed these areas in amongst the bra burning and chanting about how much they hate men and how useless we are (exactly how did you get into this world then you muppets?) For a group of people who complain about sexism so much they seem to be the biggest sexists of all..............oh i'm sorry strong independant women, obviously when a man badmouths women he's just a pig but when a woman does it to a man she's a tough talking sister trying to make it in a man's world. They annoy me even more than the big nosed talent suppressor

Paul Heyman - Vince, you've got one of the greatest minds on your roster, get him back into the writing team you idiot. Is it because he doesn't say yes to you all the time when you come up with stupid ideas like having wrestlers pretending to be French come in and bad mouthing the country which puts the majority of the money in your pocket?

ECW - Always will be, in my heart, the greatest wrestling promotion ever with the best commentator in Joey Styles and the best wrestlers (Sabu, Jericho, Tazz, RVD etc etc) They knew what the fans wanted and gave it them, unlike Vince. Really wish they were still going *sniff*

*** Reason 5 - When was the last time he had a great match that didn't involve Shawn Michaels? I can't remember. Maybe all the way back to Foley vs HHH in 2001. Considering he's meant to be the best in the business (god help the business then) that's absolutely diabolical. Guys like Angle put on 5 star matches every time they step out from that curtain almost, HHH should be doing the same thing considering he's the champ.

Anti-american feelings - Ooooh there's a bandwagon, i think i'll jump on it. Mostly University muppets with nothing better to do because the bar is closed and coursework isn't important will be found spouting this crap. Having lived there for 2 years i found the American people to be the most welcoming, pleasant, nicest bunch of people i've ever met. Yes there were some stupid ones but since when was England the central hub of intelligence?? Most of the morons going on their little marches proclaiming America to be the real evil of the world haven't even been to America they just want to be seen there hoping to get their ugly mug on the news and to seem 'cool'. By all means hate Bush because he is the biggest idiot alive but don't judge a nation on it's leader, otherwise the english people would be a load of liars, kissing everyones ass they can and pandering to what everyone else wants.

Hardcore division - Vince bring it back but in the ECW style not this namby pamby WWE version you used to have. Enough said.

Banning moves - One question, why? No move is dangerous if done by a skilled professional. However if you insist of hiring muscle bound freaks likes Batista and Nathan Jones then of course you'll get injuries because these guys are clumsy morons.

*** Reason 6 - anyone with that shape nose has to be the most evil man alive. Forget moustaches, that is the sign of true evil.

Mae Young - Just die will you. Think that's all that needs to be said on that subject.

Anyway enough moaning i think that should keep you all happy for a good while, after all we can't all be positive about the WWE you need at least one guy slating it to high heaven because it really does deserve it.
Anyway i have really enjoyed my time in the forum, met some nice people and had alot of fun bad-mouthing HHH. So everyone take care, play safe and remember, don't run into the road when there's a 18 wheeler coming towards you, you won't win.
Sun 11/01/04 at 00:14
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
"The womens division - Waste of bloody time, their matches, wrestling wise, look about as appealing as Mae Young. If you watch it just for the T and A then it's ok but if you're actually a wrestling fan having to watch this lot botch their way to a finish trying to wrestle it just makes you cringe. Vince, either get some decent wrestlers in or just have gimmik matches all the times like the first to be handcuffed up to a bed, or stripped off of all their clothes (their virtually naked anyway just go the whole hog)"

I agree, women should just be managers, or else have wrestling talent.

"*** Reason 4 - Just look at the ratings. Your main star should be the main person responsible for people watching because you're the champ and therefore supposedly the best the business has to offer. However just look at the state of the WWE at the moment, they can't even sell out 10,000 sized arenas. Buyrates are at their lowest for ages as well. However in the 2 weeks HHH was away a while ago the ratings shot up, coincidence? i think not somehow."
Coincidence.
Austin is actually at the forefront of Raw, so I blame him.

"Feminists - Nothing to do with wrestling (well apart when their moaning about the treatment of the divas, shut up you trout faced muppets, just because you look like Martin Keown in drag) i know but i need to have a moan about them.
Is there another group of people as big a hypocrites as this lot? They moan about equal rights yet where are they campaiging for them in the divorce system, law system itself, education and health system where women have by far the better of it? Obviously must have missed these areas in amongst the bra burning and chanting about how much they hate men and how useless we are (exactly how did you get into this world then you muppets?) For a group of people who complain about sexism so much they seem to be the biggest sexists of all..............oh i'm sorry strong independant women, obviously when a man badmouths women he's just a pig but when a woman does it to a man she's a tough talking sister trying to make it in a man's world. They annoy me even more than the big nosed talent suppressor"
Bah. Triple H should never be compared to a filthy Feminist.

"Paul Heyman - Vince, you've got one of the greatest minds on your roster, get him back into the writing team you idiot. Is it because he doesn't say yes to you all the time when you come up with stupid ideas like having wrestlers pretending to be French come in and bad mouthing the country which puts the majority of the money in your pocket?"
Hmm. I though he was a Smackdown! writer. Anyway, yes he is a great mind, but not as great as he is often credited for.

"ECW - Always will be, in my heart, the greatest wrestling promotion ever with the best commentator in Joey Styles and the best wrestlers (Sabu, Jericho, Tazz, RVD etc etc) They knew what the fans wanted and gave it them, unlike Vince. Really wish they were still going *sniff*"
WCW made Jericho........
And WCW was the king methinks.
Also, don't be so quick to bad mouth Vince. If it weren't for him ECW and indeed, WCW probably wouldn't have existed.

"*** Reason 5 - When was the last time he had a great match that didn't involve Shawn Michaels? I can't remember. Maybe all the way back to Foley vs HHH in 2001. Considering he's meant to be the best in the business (god help the business then) that's absolutely diabolical. Guys like Angle put on 5 star matches every time they step out from that curtain almost, HHH should be doing the same thing considering he's the champ."
I enjoy all of Triple H's matches.
When he is put in the ring with non-talents like Goldberg, Steiner and Nash, what do you expect? I'd like to see Angle pull an entertaining match out of Gimpberg.

"Anti-american feelings - Ooooh there's a bandwagon, i think i'll jump on it. Mostly University muppets with nothing better to do because the bar is closed and coursework isn't important will be found spouting this crap. Having lived there for 2 years i found the American people to be the most welcoming, pleasant, nicest bunch of people i've ever met. Yes there were some stupid ones but since when was England the central hub of intelligence?? Most of the morons going on their little marches proclaiming America to be the real evil of the world haven't even been to America they just want to be seen there hoping to get their ugly mug on the news and to seem 'cool'. By all means hate Bush because he is the biggest idiot alive but don't judge a nation on it's leader, otherwise the english people would be a load of liars, kissing everyones ass they can and pandering to what everyone else wants."
No comment baby........

"Hardcore division - Vince bring it back but in the ECW style not this namby pamby WWE version you used to have. Enough said."
Not likely to happen unfortunatly, due to Spike TV not accepting such levels of violence on their network.

"Banning moves - One question, why? No move is dangerous if done by a skilled professional. However if you insist of hiring muscle bound freaks likes Batista and Nathan Jones then of course you'll get injuries because these guys are clumsy morons."
The officials must give equal rights. Imagine the following meeting:
"Goldberg, Batista and Nathan Jones are no longer allowed to use the body slam because you are retards, the rest of you, go right ahead."
Heh.

"*** Reason 6 - anyone with that shape nose has to be the most evil man alive. Forget moustaches, that is the sign of true evil."
Getting petty now, aren't we?
A question:
Goldberg or Triple H?

"Mae Young - Just die will you. Think that's all that needs to be said on that subject."
Remember Royal Rumble 2001?
"You're going to see my puppies!"
Ugh. I am scarred for life.

"Anyway enough moaning i think that should keep you all happy for a good while, after all we can't all be positive about the WWE you need at least one guy slating it to high heaven because it really does deserve it.
Anyway i have really enjoyed my time in the forum, met some nice people and had alot of fun bad-mouthing HHH. So everyone take care, play safe and remember, don't run into the road when there's a 18 wheeler coming towards you, you won't win."
Bye now.
One less Triple Hater to worry about.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.