GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[GAME] Ashes Cricket 09 (Wii)"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Ashes Cricket 2009'.
Sat 08/08/09 at 14:12
Regular
Ashes Cricket 2009 (Wii)

A decent game with quality life-like batting and bowling techniques. When you bat it feels like you are actually there, using the advanced controls of the Wii to place your shots inbetween the fielders with full control of the bat.

Bowling takes the "really there" feel to a new level. The game allows you to use the proper action or just do it underarm (for the less professional cricketer) but either way you have amazing control over where the ball goes. Adding spin and speed variations is simple to learn, but complex to master. You twist the wii remote round to which direction you want it to spin/swing the ball just like how you do it real life.

There is only one little problem, the fielding. It's got a very lazy like feeling about it. When your in bat you will love it but when you bowl you wont enjoy it.

The gameplay itself is simply amazing. There is plenty of different challenges for you to complete, and of course the main lure,the ashes actual play is brilliant.

Overall an amazing game and is definetly worth buying.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Sat 08/08/09 at 14:12
Regular
Ashes Cricket 2009 (Wii)

A decent game with quality life-like batting and bowling techniques. When you bat it feels like you are actually there, using the advanced controls of the Wii to place your shots inbetween the fielders with full control of the bat.

Bowling takes the "really there" feel to a new level. The game allows you to use the proper action or just do it underarm (for the less professional cricketer) but either way you have amazing control over where the ball goes. Adding spin and speed variations is simple to learn, but complex to master. You twist the wii remote round to which direction you want it to spin/swing the ball just like how you do it real life.

There is only one little problem, the fielding. It's got a very lazy like feeling about it. When your in bat you will love it but when you bowl you wont enjoy it.

The gameplay itself is simply amazing. There is plenty of different challenges for you to complete, and of course the main lure,the ashes actual play is brilliant.

Overall an amazing game and is definetly worth buying.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.