GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which are better consoles or PC's"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/03/01 at 20:18
Regular
Whats better consoles or the PC.
Mon 26/03/01 at 10:31
Regular
Pc's are more powerful but there's too many programs!
Mon 26/03/01 at 07:27
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
I think that Pc's are better than Consoles
Mon 26/03/01 at 00:03
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
PCs don't have to cost thousands of pounds, I put this box together (1Ghz, GeForce2, 256mb RAM) for around £500, taking the hard disk from a spare old one
Sun 25/03/01 at 05:09
Strategy games, such as the kind you're talking about, don't work well overall with the use of a controller. However, with a keyboard and a mouse becoming more applicable with today's and the future consoles, I think strategy games will be seen more and more on them.
Sat 24/03/01 at 11:47
Regular
I'm not going to argue that overall, consoles are better for gaming than PCs, because you're right, that is what they're meant for.

But, I don't think that this is always the case. The reason why not has nothing to do with the technology in a console compared to a PC, but instead to do with the games released on each platform. If you like more strategic games, as I do, then at present, there are very few available for consoles. Maybe this will change in the next year or so, but I spend far more time playing games on my PC than I ever did on the playstation!
Sat 24/03/01 at 04:58
Dan_uk wrote:
> The Dreamcast has showed that consoles can do internet gaming better than PC's because the modem only has to worry about the game instead of windows, the server, different isp's etc. <

I'm not disagreeing with your premise that consoles are better for gaming, even online gaming. I'd just like clarification as to why you think the Dreamcast has shown that.
Fri 23/03/01 at 20:49
Regular
PC's are better than consoles but not at gaming.

PC's are great. Internet, word processors, digital camera's, there's a billion things you can do with a PC including playing games but the consoles are better games machines. Let me explain.

If £2000 top of the range PC can probably play games which are better then consoles. That's providing the PC doesn't crash, there's no bugs, you have the right hardware configuration etc.

And while a £200 console can last 3 years, a £2000 PC will last 1 year before you have to fork out £500 upgrading it!

Basically, PC's weren't made for games. They might be more powerful but they're inefficient with power meaning that say Final Fantasy 7 (which easily worked on a PSone with only 2mb of RAM) struggles to run on a PC with 32mb of RAM. It's the same with the graphics power and processor speed. What's more, you'll rarely get a decent multiplayer game unless it's to be played through the internet or network which brings me to my last point.

The Dreamcast has showed that consoles can do internet gaming better than PC's because the modem only has to worry about the game instead of windows, the server, different isp's etc.

And online gaming was the only real advantage the PC had left over consoles.
Fri 23/03/01 at 20:38
Regular
PinkPig wrote:
Hey! What's it
> to you if I can't think of any better way to spend my time than
> writing long posts on here! :-)
I said sorry any way i wasn't criticising it was just a friendly quote i think
:-)
Fri 23/03/01 at 20:34
Regular
Mini Marc wrote:
> Just a bit lenghty isnt it why cant you just say i like them both
> for different reasons

Hey! What's it to you if I can't think of any better way to spend my time than writing long posts on here! :-)
Fri 23/03/01 at 19:24
I would say that consoles are better for playing games on beause that is what they are designed for, the PC is a all rounder but you need all the cards and ram for it to play the latest games. I would always play on a console version instead of a PC version, for one reason, i like consoles and PC's always are designed not for gaming. (unless you have a 128 ram, voodoo 3 card, and the rest of it).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.