GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Burnout Legends - Review "

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Burnout Legends'.
Wed 05/08/09 at 14:10
"possibly impossible"
The one game I miss on PSP is Burnout Legends. It really captured all the best bits of the console Burnout games and squeezed them into Sony’s handheld. Having a DS, though, I found a cheap copy of the game for that format.

Unfortunately, this is as far removed from the PSP game as Ghandi is from Hitler. I’ve seen some really good racers on the DS, most recently Speed Racer, but this isn’t one of them. The cars look ugly and boxed, the tracks are pixelated nightmares and the music sounds like someone took a bad recording of the muzak in a lift.

The basic idea is to race other cars and cause them to crash, giving you boost in the process. In addition, a separate crash mode creates an area where you can cause the most mayhem possible by deliberately causing smashes with as many cars, lorrys and busses as possible.

The game itself does try to impress. All the options from the PSP game are present, including the brilliant crash mode and the aftertouches, but with the control system, physics and graphics getting in the way they just aren’t that fun anymore.

I really wanted to like Burnout Legends but I guess I need to wait for the next Burnout DS game to come along, Legends is more a Knightmare than a Legend. In short, steer the other way!

1/10
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Wed 05/08/09 at 14:10
"possibly impossible"
The one game I miss on PSP is Burnout Legends. It really captured all the best bits of the console Burnout games and squeezed them into Sony’s handheld. Having a DS, though, I found a cheap copy of the game for that format.

Unfortunately, this is as far removed from the PSP game as Ghandi is from Hitler. I’ve seen some really good racers on the DS, most recently Speed Racer, but this isn’t one of them. The cars look ugly and boxed, the tracks are pixelated nightmares and the music sounds like someone took a bad recording of the muzak in a lift.

The basic idea is to race other cars and cause them to crash, giving you boost in the process. In addition, a separate crash mode creates an area where you can cause the most mayhem possible by deliberately causing smashes with as many cars, lorrys and busses as possible.

The game itself does try to impress. All the options from the PSP game are present, including the brilliant crash mode and the aftertouches, but with the control system, physics and graphics getting in the way they just aren’t that fun anymore.

I really wanted to like Burnout Legends but I guess I need to wait for the next Burnout DS game to come along, Legends is more a Knightmare than a Legend. In short, steer the other way!

1/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.