GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EGAD - Revenge of the Banner Competition - Winner Announced!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/01/04 at 11:41
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Like the welcoming home of a popular uncle or a bedraggled cat limping through the catflap of your back door, it's the return of the legendary Special Reserve Banner Competition!

*silence*

Okay, here's the deal - we've done several of these competitions before, but I'm sure there's plenty of newbies who'd like a refresher on the rules. We're asking you to design banners for our site, and the best banner/group of banners will win prizes. A banner is the long, oblong shaped image at the top of the page, and it's usually used to promote games, hardware or other Special Reserve services. What you have to do is use your artistic vision and create one or more banners advertising either games we sell, hardware we sell or any of our multi-functional services (see extremely massive left-hand sidestrip for inspiration).

Remember, we sell games, DVD players, cameras, gadgets, MP3 players, hardware, PC stuff, Freeola internet access, domain names, we do cheats, chat, hints, walkthroughs, reviews, prizes... we even nearly did garden sheds this one time. You don't even want to know what we've got in the pipeline. Seriously. There's plenty to go on.

There are a few rules you need to follow, namely the ones I'm about to type now:

The banners must be 468 x 60 in size.
They must be either in JPG or GIF format.
They must be 15K or less (bummer I know, but them's the breaks).
They must advertise a product/service that SR offer.
They must not be rubbish.

You can enter as many times as you like, and people usually like to set up a webpage of their own with all of their banners in one place (this also makes it easier to judge). If you so desire, there is a template available if you'd like to stick with the natty design we use for our games banners, but we're giving you a free reign to be as artistic as you like. Still or animated, the choice is yours. If you've got Photoshop, Paint or any graphics program like that, plus at least one iota of artistic merit, then you should be sorted.

Closing date is February 27th so you've got plenty time to get your groove on. If you're unable to host your own banners, then you can send them to the normal gameaday e-mail address and I'll view it that way.

Banner it up, fools!

-------------------------------------------------------

We have 3 lucky winners for this compo, and they are:

mikelar - http://www.geocities.com/mikelar10/banners.html

Edgy - http://uk.geocities.com/darkedgy/

Joe Dark - http://www.geocities.com/joedarkuk/2004bannercomp.html

We ll done guys. Expect to see some of your banners on our site soon ;).
Page:
Mon 16/08/04 at 15:07
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
poke wrote:
> Is the forum down or something I can only get to this thread through a
> search engine nothing else is working :(

Yes it was down. However it is back up
Sun 15/08/04 at 16:25
Regular
Is the forum down or something I can only get to this thread through a search engine nothing else is working :(
Sun 15/08/04 at 14:22
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Aoe wrote:
> Yep. That was the point of the competition.

Hmm.. I guess I missed them.
Sun 15/08/04 at 14:17
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
It's sad that this will be the last every banner compo.

There's no more room for banners...

Unless they get banners done for their affilate schemes.

Hmmmmm.

*ponders*
Sun 15/08/04 at 14:07
Regular
"\\"
Yep. That was the point of the competition.
Sun 15/08/04 at 14:01
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Were any of the banners actually used in the end?
Sat 14/08/04 at 19:30
Regular
"\\"
Damn you sheepy. You had my hopes up there was a new eGAD.
Sat 14/08/04 at 18:15
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Wibble
Fri 23/04/04 at 20:43
Regular
"Digging!"
Congrats winners, well done.
Fri 23/04/04 at 10:31
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Hence my exclamation mark.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.