GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"LOTR - Movie or Book?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/12/03 at 18:09
Regular
Dunno if this has been asked before but it's an interesting question.

I'm not going to be pretentious about it either - I tried reading the books and they were boring. The movie was much more enjoyable.

How about you?
Wed 31/12/03 at 20:51
"period drama"
I read them all about 4/5 year ago.
Dunno which I'd prefer, probably the books, because you feel more specialer. And stuff.
Wed 31/12/03 at 20:46
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
maddmun wrote:
> Having never actaully read any book before seeing the Fellowship, I
> made the decision not to read the books so that I wouldn't know what
> was happening in the films before I seen it.
> So I watched them all.
> And thought they were great, but I HATE spiders.

I was the opposite, after seeing fellowship i was obsessed with reading the book so that i knew everything that was going to happen. The worst thing i could think of was someone revealing a key plot twist before i had seen all of the films.
Wed 31/12/03 at 14:14
Regular
Having never actaully read any book before seeing the Fellowship, I made the decision not to read the books so that I wouldn't know what was happening in the films before I seen it.
So I watched them all.
And thought they were great, but I HATE spiders.
Tue 30/12/03 at 00:54
Regular
"relocated"
I hated the books when I tried to read them (like a billion other people I gave up during the bit at the elves' house) but I'm tempted to give them another go after loving the films. I do read books all the time but I just found the LotR to be a chore the first time round.
Mon 29/12/03 at 23:56
Regular
"That's right!"
*points*

"NERDS! Hey, buddy, did you get a load of those nerds?!"
Mon 29/12/03 at 23:44
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
BOOK.

In every case the book surpasses the film.
Mon 29/12/03 at 23:42
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> But the movies are the greatest films we have seen in a VERY long
> time.

The nineties had many great films to rival LOTR.
Mon 29/12/03 at 23:37
Regular
Songs are used in some of the countrys best literature.

Lord of the Rings are classic tales that delve into the minds of the characters far more than a film does. Jackson's tale is so stunning but they cut out any unneccessary part of the adventure... which is always fun to read in a book. Tom Bombadil was a stunning symbolic tale leading up to the arrival of the ents.

Every section of the film had far more depth in the book..

The book is a far more superior tale than the movies...

But the movies are the greatest films we have seen in a VERY long time.
Mon 29/12/03 at 22:31
Regular
Yeah, I'm sure.
Mon 29/12/03 at 16:14
Regular
"That's right!"
"I too didn't really enjoy the part about Tom Bombadillo."

Yeah.

And I can't be the only one who just skips the songs. I hate musicals with a passion, I sure as hell don't want to READ them.

I'll pick up the book again soon enough, just need to be in the right mood. I carried that industrial sized book around with me on my trip to Thailand and didn't touch it once. It just took up valuable space in my bag. I could've fit more condoms in its place. Condoms I tells ya!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.