GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[GAME] TimeSplitters: Future Perfect"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Timesplitters Future Perfect'.
Wed 29/07/09 at 13:00
Regular
"How Ironic"
‘It’s time to split!’

TimeSplitters is one of those games where you haven’t got a clue what’s going on in the game until you complete it. I know, that sounds abit stupid, but most games you can follow the plot, with this, you don’t know what’s going on.

You take control of 25th century marine Sergeant Cortez. Cortez goes back into the past to save the future. We begin the game from the end of Timesplitters 2, with Cortez leaving the space station. The whole game surrounds trying to destroy the time crystals, which enable Timesplitters to change time period. Ironically, Cortez must ‘Timesplit’ himself to stop the Timesplitters waging war against the humans in the future. Cortez discovers that a mad scientist, Dr. Jacob Crow, created the time crystals, and Cortez goes to each period that Crow visited to stop the progress.

Sure, the story jumps about abit, but that’s not the best mode in my opinion. Personally, I prefer playing the simple arcade mode, where you can play a variety of games like Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Vampire. There are a variety of modes to play which keeps the lifespan of the game long. There is also a challenge mode. The arcade and challenge modes allows you to unlock more characters to play as, more weapons to use and new locations to use during mapmaker.

The mapmaker is one of a kind. It’s so simple. You simply attach items to a grid, and you get a number of levels to make a map multi-storey. You can also see the map from a variety of different angles to make sure everything is in the right place. Next, you can test your map to make sure it’s fully accessible, and finally you can play matches on it once you’re done.

Monkeys for some reason play a big part in the game. In game mode, the lowest scoring player at the time, gets a group of monkeys to help them kill people. The monkeys come in different styles, such as ninja, zombie and robotic.

The game is played from your normal first person view, with your guns to either sides of the screen. You have your standard zoom control, and also different ways to fire a gun. You can also get attachments, such as a grenade launcher. My personal favourite part of the game is the sound. When killing people in arcade mode, you get your classic game commentator.

‘Headshot!’ ‘Nice!’

Overall, the game is a fun FPS. The story is full of variety with new characters coming in and out, the only problem being that you get temporary partnerships, and there’s no sustained companion, making you feel rather lonely in a strange way. Obviously being a game about time, the story can get pretty complicated, with up to 4 Cortez’s being in the same mission at the same time, due to Timesplitting. The arcade mode is my preference, as it’s standard FPS, with a bit of fun chucked into the mix with strange characters, and the weirdest of weapons. Fully enjoyable, and long lasting.

Game Rating: 7/10
Mon 22/02/10 at 16:44
Regular
"semper fi"
Sonic Chris wrote:
> [link=http://strategywiki.org/wiki/TimeSplitters:_Future_Perfect/Weapons]Automatics
> ----K-SMG (x2) ----A custom made machine gun that can also fire
> rifle grenade style rockets. Has a large
> burstfire, making it hard to aim precisely with, but can be dual
> wielded and has a fast firing rate.

thats an SMG
Sat 06/02/10 at 19:47
Regular
"How Ironic"
[link=http://strategywiki.org/wiki/TimeSplitters:_Future_Perfect/Weapons]Automatics ----> K-SMG (x2) ----> A custom made machine gun that can also fire rifle grenade style rockets. Has a large burstfire, making it hard to aim precisely with, but can be dual wielded and has a fast firing rate.
Sat 06/02/10 at 13:59
Regular
"semper fi"
i think thats time splitters 2
Fri 05/02/10 at 16:18
Regular
"How Ironic"
You can get a grenade launcher. You attach it to an assault rifle.
Fri 05/02/10 at 16:08
Regular
"semper fi"
uh i don't mean to burst ur bubble but u can't equiped a grenade launcher only suff like silencers and scope
Wed 29/07/09 at 13:00
Regular
"How Ironic"
‘It’s time to split!’

TimeSplitters is one of those games where you haven’t got a clue what’s going on in the game until you complete it. I know, that sounds abit stupid, but most games you can follow the plot, with this, you don’t know what’s going on.

You take control of 25th century marine Sergeant Cortez. Cortez goes back into the past to save the future. We begin the game from the end of Timesplitters 2, with Cortez leaving the space station. The whole game surrounds trying to destroy the time crystals, which enable Timesplitters to change time period. Ironically, Cortez must ‘Timesplit’ himself to stop the Timesplitters waging war against the humans in the future. Cortez discovers that a mad scientist, Dr. Jacob Crow, created the time crystals, and Cortez goes to each period that Crow visited to stop the progress.

Sure, the story jumps about abit, but that’s not the best mode in my opinion. Personally, I prefer playing the simple arcade mode, where you can play a variety of games like Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Vampire. There are a variety of modes to play which keeps the lifespan of the game long. There is also a challenge mode. The arcade and challenge modes allows you to unlock more characters to play as, more weapons to use and new locations to use during mapmaker.

The mapmaker is one of a kind. It’s so simple. You simply attach items to a grid, and you get a number of levels to make a map multi-storey. You can also see the map from a variety of different angles to make sure everything is in the right place. Next, you can test your map to make sure it’s fully accessible, and finally you can play matches on it once you’re done.

Monkeys for some reason play a big part in the game. In game mode, the lowest scoring player at the time, gets a group of monkeys to help them kill people. The monkeys come in different styles, such as ninja, zombie and robotic.

The game is played from your normal first person view, with your guns to either sides of the screen. You have your standard zoom control, and also different ways to fire a gun. You can also get attachments, such as a grenade launcher. My personal favourite part of the game is the sound. When killing people in arcade mode, you get your classic game commentator.

‘Headshot!’ ‘Nice!’

Overall, the game is a fun FPS. The story is full of variety with new characters coming in and out, the only problem being that you get temporary partnerships, and there’s no sustained companion, making you feel rather lonely in a strange way. Obviously being a game about time, the story can get pretty complicated, with up to 4 Cortez’s being in the same mission at the same time, due to Timesplitting. The arcade mode is my preference, as it’s standard FPS, with a bit of fun chucked into the mix with strange characters, and the weirdest of weapons. Fully enjoyable, and long lasting.

Game Rating: 7/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.