GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"George Graham's sacking"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/03/01 at 19:02
Regular
Having just taken Spurs to the Semi-Final of the FA Cup was it fair that he was dismissed ?.

It seems he was sacked for stating that he would only be given a 'limited budget' for the remainder of this season and for next season. The Spurs board have not denied that this is true - so what are the grounds for sacking him ?. There has been many times in the past when a manager has stated in public that he does not have money to spend in the transfer market. OK - the board may not like the truth being told - but I have not known a manager be sacked for stating a fact.

I am also sick of hearing about the so called 'Tottenham style of play'. The truth is that you have to go back a long way (20 years) to find a decent Spurs side that actually won anything (with Ardiles and Villa). They were not attractive to watch under Venables and only won the FA Cup during his reign - largely due to Paul Gascoigne.

Rather than worry about the 'style of play' Tottenham supporters should be more concerned by the fact that their club has not been champions of England for over 40 years !!!!!!.
Mon 19/03/01 at 19:02
Having just taken Spurs to the Semi-Final of the FA Cup was it fair that he was dismissed ?.

It seems he was sacked for stating that he would only be given a 'limited budget' for the remainder of this season and for next season. The Spurs board have not denied that this is true - so what are the grounds for sacking him ?. There has been many times in the past when a manager has stated in public that he does not have money to spend in the transfer market. OK - the board may not like the truth being told - but I have not known a manager be sacked for stating a fact.

I am also sick of hearing about the so called 'Tottenham style of play'. The truth is that you have to go back a long way (20 years) to find a decent Spurs side that actually won anything (with Ardiles and Villa). They were not attractive to watch under Venables and only won the FA Cup during his reign - largely due to Paul Gascoigne.

Rather than worry about the 'style of play' Tottenham supporters should be more concerned by the fact that their club has not been champions of England for over 40 years !!!!!!.
Sun 22/04/01 at 12:46
Regular
It was about time George Graham was sacked. He wasn't really taking the club anywhere and Spurs needed a new manager. Glenn Hoddle is a lot better and speaking as a Spurs fan, he will do a lot better than Graham. Also, who cares if Spurs haven't won the championship for about 40 years. Stop living in the past. Just wait a few years and we will be up there with the top teams.
Tue 24/04/01 at 19:10
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
Glenn hoddle has'nt had the perfect start
Tue 24/04/01 at 19:42
Regular
What do you expect? His first 5 games in charge have been against the following teams:

Arsenal (lost 2-1)
Bradford (won 2-1)
Sunderland (won 3-2)
Chelsea (lost 3-0)
Liverpool (lost 3-1)

Apart from Bradford City, Tottenham have played quality teams.
Wed 25/04/01 at 02:02
George Graham will be the next Scotland manager once we get shot of the wee fat potato.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.