GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lord of The Rings: Return of the King"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/12/03 at 19:47
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
***This thrread may contains information that some readers may find upsetting, such as spoilers, so if you haen't seen it, you shouldn't read on.***

I've been waiting for this film for ages, and it came, it was worth the wait.My favourite part of the film was the big battle with all the elephants. Was it just me that thought that the ending was an anti climax, i think that more people should have died, or a fantasticly unpredictable twist, like Gandalf was evil, or something. Although I suppose they had to base it on the book.
Anyhoo, what did you guys think of it compared to the last one?
Tue 23/12/03 at 14:11
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> J-42 wrote:
>
> Also, people claped when Legolas did that thing on the elephant.
>
> same here, were we at the same showing or something? :D
>
> actually it was just the women. they're so easily impressed though
> ;D

lol, strangely, there was a group of women behind us, who clapped extra hard.

I saw it in the Odeon, Exeter.
Mon 22/12/03 at 20:36
Regular
J-42 wrote:

> Also, people claped when Legolas did that thing on the elephant.

same here, were we at the same showing or something? :D

actually it was just the women. they're so easily impressed though ;D
Mon 22/12/03 at 12:20
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> did you enjoy the 3,492 endings?
>
> it was quite funny actually, the film was finishing at 1:30 am, so
> everyone in the cinema was tired and ready to leave. there were
> about 7 scenes after the coronation of the king, where everyone in
> the cinema got ready to go, then you heard a simulataneous sigh of
> despair as scene after scene of sickly, soppy rubbish came on.
>
> and, before anyone jumps on me for dissing the film, I thought it was
> excellent, just about 30 minutes too long

That's exactly what happend in the cinema i was in.

Also, people claped when Legolas did that thing on the elephant.
Mon 22/12/03 at 11:43
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
One guy at my screening was ahead of the game and left about 30 seconds before it finished, thus missing the endless que of people wanting to leave.
Sun 21/12/03 at 23:39
Regular
did you enjoy the 3,492 endings?

it was quite funny actually, the film was finishing at 1:30 am, so everyone in the cinema was tired and ready to leave. there were about 7 scenes after the coronation of the king, where everyone in the cinema got ready to go, then you heard a simulataneous sigh of despair as scene after scene of sickly, soppy rubbish came on.

and, before anyone jumps on me for dissing the film, I thought it was excellent, just about 30 minutes too long
Sun 21/12/03 at 22:02
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I think putting gay sex in it would have ruined the film. As you were joking, i think that it's ok.
Sun 21/12/03 at 16:14
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
J-42 wrote:
> ...
>
> Elaborate...

If they had based it page for page on the book then there would be quite a bit extra to add onto the end of this film and a good few differences across the trilogy. I was a little disappointed by the lack of a couple of moments (Saruman anybody?) but there's always the extended version to look forward to! Superb film though.

Just to be picky (and a little sad!) where were the elephants in the film? I didn't see any.

The also missed out on one big twist for some reason though, that may have made you happier. At the end of the book Elrond brings news that he's found out that Frodo is actually half elf and Legolas is his father.

And Pippin and Merry also enjoy a brief gay marriage.

;)
Sat 20/12/03 at 20:18
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"

Elaborate...
Sat 20/12/03 at 19:50
Regular
"gsybe you!"
J-42 wrote:
> Was it just me that thought that the ending was an
> anti climax, i think that more people should have died, or a
> fantasticly unpredictable twist, like Gandalf was evil, or something.
> Although I suppose they had to base it on the book.

Hahahahahaa.

Ha.

Oh mirth.
Sat 20/12/03 at 19:47
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
***This thrread may contains information that some readers may find upsetting, such as spoilers, so if you haen't seen it, you shouldn't read on.***

I've been waiting for this film for ages, and it came, it was worth the wait.My favourite part of the film was the big battle with all the elephants. Was it just me that thought that the ending was an anti climax, i think that more people should have died, or a fantasticly unpredictable twist, like Gandalf was evil, or something. Although I suppose they had to base it on the book.
Anyhoo, what did you guys think of it compared to the last one?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.