GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"General RPG Thread (Meant to be PS3, b4 Emmie got his mitts all over it)"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/07/09 at 11:46
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Some good news for RPG fans who went with the PS3 like myself.

Dragon Age: Origins released Europe on Oct 23 Info
Its more an action/adventure/RPG of the Fable nature from the looks. But you have multiple playing paths which is always good for playability.

White Knight Chronicles released Nov '09 Q&A
More Final Fantasy style'd then DA:O and apparently with great online capabilites so..... much awaited.

Demon's Souls released Oct 6th Info
More action/RPG again but hey, we can't afford to be picky. Game footage looks ok, and previews seems decent. The online aspect seems good, allowing users to pop in and help youat any time if you wish, but this quote troubles me "but we were told that at a certain point in the game--once you've received a particular stone--you can force your way into another player's game and vice versa."

There is also some more info on.....

Final Fantasy 13!!!! Release Date Early 2010
Seems to have a lot more information than when I last looked on the Wiki Page

UPDATE 20/08
Here
A new Tri-Ace game, for PS3! Fans of Lost Odyssey rejoice!

Couple of interesting point here too [LINKhttp://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q2-2009/042209a.html]Linky[/LINK]
Page:
Tue 19/10/10 at 15:24
Regular
"Monochromatic"
You would have sussed it a lot quicker by simply looking above the other thread when I popped them both.
Tue 19/10/10 at 11:42
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Nin wrote:
RPG thread Sleepy?

I may have sussed this a lot faster if you'd posted that comment in a different thread >< :D
Sun 03/10/10 at 20:37
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I think Valkyria Chronicles is an acquired taste. Its certainly not an RPG in the traditional sense, more just a set of TBS missions.

Eternal Sonata is a pretty good RPG but...its so incredibly twee you might have a play with a sick bag in one hand. And Enchanted Arms is classic JRPG, random battles, grinding necessary for boss battles. I enjoyed it but then I only paid £3 for it so that might have coloured my thinking.
Sun 03/10/10 at 17:04
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Sonota never appealed to me , but I've heard very good things.

Enchanted Arms is ok at best, but a good filler til a major title comes along.
Sun 03/10/10 at 16:31
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Ive been thinking of getting Valkyria lately, or maybe Enchanted Arms, to play once Im done with FF13, any idea which to go with? Or maybe Eternal Sonata. too much choice!
Thu 09/09/10 at 20:17
Regular
"Monochromatic"
RPG thread Sleepy?
Tue 07/09/10 at 21:49
Regular
"THFC"
Never got more than about 1/2 way through Nier, it was fun but i got distracted by other games and so let it slip. Did get a tad "samey" in my opinion in places, but maybe that changed a bit later!
Tue 07/09/10 at 01:42
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Just completed Alpha Protocol. So many good ideas that arent quite put together correctly.

I finished Nier in the end. I'm glad I persevered as it gets better you further you go. Really quite bizarre game though. Oh and...

Show Spoiler
Tue 17/08/10 at 22:15
Regular
"THFC"
Nier was ok, worth playing for a while but i got bored of it, its got a very mild RPG element i guess, but its by no means and must play. But if your looking for something then it might be worth a look
Tue 17/08/10 at 16:41
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Worth keeping an eye on Zavvi for Magna Carta 2, they did have it for £16 but sold out now though.

Playing Nier at the moment. I'll probably end up giving up on it though. Calling it an RPG seems to be a stretch (so far) and the lack of save points is quite tiresome.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.