GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Age of empires"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/12/03 at 21:12
Regular
"Proffesional Eejit."
Can anyone give me some information on age of empires?

End.
Thu 18/12/03 at 15:32
Regular
"\\"
And yes there is a patch to go online you moron. Go to the zone and it won't let you play till you get it. www.ageofempires.com (then go to AoE II/ The conquerors) and go to downloads and it should be there.
Thu 18/12/03 at 15:31
"Darkness, always"
People only love AoE because they lack the balls to master the Total War games.

AoE is entertaining enough, but it falls way, way short by comparison to Total War.
Thu 18/12/03 at 15:29
Regular
"\\"
Magician wrote:
> Hey chad, there isn't a download but when you load up the game go to
> "MSN ZONE"(something like that anyway), and dont listen AOE
> cos it is good and people do play the games, i dont go on it though.

Have you been on it SINCE the update? It's absolute, sheet. It's the worst pile of poop to come out of a microsoft brain since ever. The whole thing is just a chat room where you now choose your own fonts, which is irritating, your own colour, again irritating, and smilies, making it just a place for chat room freaks to go, but with the occosianol game.

www.games-palace.net or something (opening in the new year) however, looks promising not to be crap, as it has all aoe games AND AoM, hahaha, stupid msn. Anyway.
Wed 17/12/03 at 22:53
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
If you do a Fortress-settings match, build two more rows of walls and gates around the ones that are already there.

Then just sit back and build up a big army and get lots of resources. The enemy comes and takes years to break down your walls and just when they think they're through hit them with your catapults and scorpions.

Then sneak your cavalry out the back of your fortress (because they're very quick) and hit them on the counter attack when they have less troops.

Ah, tactics.
Wed 17/12/03 at 22:00
Regular
"The Red Shift"
ive got it and age of mythology is a bit rubbish. i hugely adored aoe 2 with the age of kings expansion. that was as far as the game got before it changed. it is the source of a lot of my ancient history and old style war knowledge.
Wed 17/12/03 at 21:43
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
You should try playing my brother at it. He's so slow at building up an army, you can beat him in the Feudal age. :)
Wed 17/12/03 at 21:39
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Yeh, great game, im going to install it and go online, my 10 year old brother isnt a challenge.
Wed 17/12/03 at 21:33
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Age of Empires 2. Masterblasterpiece.

Clever storylines, a fair degree of historical accuracy, plenty of campaigns and scenarios. Even a learning campaign for idiots/people new to AOE games. A great sequel to AOE
Wed 17/12/03 at 20:29
Regular
"Notable"
it already is. Duh
Wed 17/12/03 at 20:16
Regular
": ("
thats a very good idea, all you have to do is give someone your nickname from another online games room eg. age of empires, this could turn the internet into one big neiboorhood!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.