GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"START A BAND"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/12/03 at 19:15
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
I don't know why I've never thought of advertising this in here. My brother and I both want to start a New Metal band with influences of Thursday, Poison the Well, FFAF, Thrice and so on.

I play guitar and he plays bass. We'd be looking for a lead guitar (or rhythm), a lead singer and a drummer.

If you're from the West Sussex area/ Gatwick, Crawley and are interested, say here and we'll get in touch. It doesn't matter if you're pro or beginner (within reason).
Sat 20/12/03 at 18:33
Regular
Wasn't Opposite of December their first proper album and the others before were just EP's ?

The band members were like 17 when they recorded OOD. TBH I don't personally like Tear From The RED But I bought it anyways cos they're so awesome.
Sat 20/12/03 at 17:18
"Uzi Lover"
My fav PTW album is their first - Distance Makes The Heart Grow Fonder. Due to me liking every song on it.

Tear From The Read and The Opposite of December have some great tracks though that are more highlights then Distance...

Turn Down Elliot
Slice Paper Wrists

You love.
Sat 20/12/03 at 17:14
"Uzi Lover"
Possum_Number2 wrote:
> And after the Poison the Well gig The Lost Prophets Guitarist was
> standing outside and I wanted to tell him how much I think they suck.
> But I woulda gotten my ass kicked by 50 people that were around.

He stood next to me during a gig once seeing New End Original at the London Garage.
Sat 20/12/03 at 17:09
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Possum_Number2 wrote:
> I saw PTW last night who were supported buy Hondo Mclane and a
> Swedish band called Nine.

I've heard of Nine... On Burning Heart Records, supposedly a legendary Metal/Hardcore band in Sweden... Probly have one of their songs on a BHR sampler somewhere...
Thu 18/12/03 at 16:26
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Axl* Rose has zero to do with Iron Maiden. And erm, are you telling me you like the black metal style growling that the drummer does and the incomprehensable screeching that the vocalist does more than Bruce Dickinson's voice?

MAIDEN! MAIDEN! MAIDEN! MAIDEN! Hehe.
Thu 18/12/03 at 15:52
Regular
yeah thats the thing though, you can't say 'oh they WEREN'T as good' because thats just your opinion, Ithink FFAF kick Maidens A hole as I cant stand that old time whiney music. . . SHUT UP AXEL ROSE YOU SUCK ! ! !
(but thats just my opinion)

And after the Poison the Well gig The Lost Prophets Guitarist was standing outside and I wanted to tell him how much I think they suck. But I woulda gotten my ass kicked by 50 people that were around.
Thu 18/12/03 at 14:54
Regular
"gsybe you!"
No, FFAF were supporting Maiden and weren't as good.

Albeit not terrible.
Thu 18/12/03 at 14:34
Regular
Funeral For A friend are amazing, not the best in the world though, neither are Maiden.

And which Poison the Well album did you get ? ? ?. I don't think 'Tear From The Red is very good but 'Opposite of December' and 'You Come Before You' are two of my all time fav. albums.

I saw PTW last night who were supported buy Hondo Mclane and a Swedish band called Nine. PTW were so DAMN amazing, and the backing guitarist (who is one of the nicest guys I ever met) was walking around the top bar balcony area and no one noticed him at all. So I just followed him a bit and then tapped on his shoulder (thinking he was going to be in a rush and have no time for a fan) But instead he turned around and was like (oh hey dude hows it goin). So I asked for a picture and got my friend to take it and he put his arm around me with the classic Devil hand (me too) and took the photo and he even stood around and did one with my bro too.

He was the coolest person ever.
Thu 18/12/03 at 13:27
Regular
"gsybe you!"
FFAF aren't the best band in the world.

MAIDEN! MAIDEN! MAIDEN! MAIDEN!
Thu 18/12/03 at 13:24
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
I got the PTW album, and thought it was average. Sorry.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.