GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sky not showing Armageddon and possibly Royal Rumble. Possibly a good thing?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/12/03 at 18:52
Regular
Damn sorry for such a long topic title.

And sorry for another topic, I seem to be filling this board with crap nowadays.

Anyway, well, as we should by now know, Sky have no plans to show Armageddon or Royal Rumble. I've emailed them to confirm that Royal Rumble will not be shown, and I said a few other things. No reply yet, tssk. Anyway, has anybody actually stopped to think that this might be good?

Look at it like this. It looks as if soon Sky will be dropping RAW and Smackdown, and just showing the PPVs. Damn them if they do. After Wrestlemania in March, I have a funny feeling they will terminate the contract with WWE altogether, and just finish with whatever they have left to show, and then be done with WWE. With the Wrestling Channel coming soon, WWE might sign up with them. So why is that good?

Well; they have the rights to WCW and ECW videos, and so if WWE sign with TWC, they will more then likely be shown (especially if TWC is 24 hours). Also, we might get RAW and Smackdown on the actual day of filming; so RAW on Tuesday AND Friday and Smackdown on Friday (after RAW) AND Saturday. When I say day of filming, obviously, they're not gunna stick RAW and SD on at 1am live.

With TWC, if it is 24/7, we should also get Confidential (which I want to see...) and stuff like that.

Basically, if we could be guarenteed that TWC will have better, more convenient WWE coverage, Sky should terminate the WWE contract. The sooner the better. TWC is opening in March, just in time for WMXX. Obviously, Sky will be showing that. But I suspect that will be the WWE's final month on Sky.

So come on WWE, if Sky drop you, you know where to turn!

Yeah, discuss.
Fri 12/12/03 at 22:08
Regular
"Xboxsource webmaste"
Ugh... Vince McMahon can go shag a sheep the greedy get.

It's his fault, he wants to charge Sky far too much for the rights to UK coverage of WWE programming.

If only they could get terrestrial coverage for it, but Channel 4's treatment of it a few years back shows that wouldn't work, unless it was on BBC1 late at night or something, which is a channel with no advert breaks between programmes.

I mean they show boxing, which is just as violent as wrestling in fact probably more so, so why not, if they can afford it.
Wed 10/12/03 at 21:24
Regular
See...it's unfair! *sob*
Wed 10/12/03 at 21:11
Regular
Ah just checked on the site and no it doesn't. :cD
Wed 10/12/03 at 21:04
Regular
Wasn't last time I checked...
Wed 10/12/03 at 21:00
Regular
Lipey, isn't Friendly TV available on NTL?
Wed 10/12/03 at 20:49
Regular
Bah... :(
Wed 10/12/03 at 20:44
Regular
Should be available to NTL users by September 2004. :cD
Wed 10/12/03 at 19:30
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I'm on NTL Cable and I don't know if they have any plans to add The Wrestling Channel to it's current selection.
Wed 10/12/03 at 19:04
Regular
Isn't it for digital viewers only?
Wed 10/12/03 at 19:03
Regular
Why can't you get TWC Lipey?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.