GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ps2, gamecube +the xbox."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/03/01 at 21:35
Regular
i think alot of people on this site are being very prejudice towards the gamecube + the xbox. How can they be crap if their both as powerful as the ps2 and arent even out yet so i am going to make afew points on the matter. Im sure all will have mint games anyway so no one should get in arguments about how crap each one is anywho.

ps2: was released at christmas but was £300 which was a bit pricey for some people. It has lived up to its name with some mint games like smugglers run and oni, and some more unbelievably realistic games a comin eg metsl gear solid sons of liberties and zone of enders. We should definitely see some more ace games ans it is scheduled to come down £5o after the xbox and cube are made. definitely worth looking into if you cant wait for the others to come out even if it is a wee bit expensive with sony coming in to the gaming world so popular this is a cool console.

gamecube: This is gonna be the one i will definitely in dulge in as i am a big nintendo fan. It is set to release these new titles:
.zelda 128
.mario128
.and waverace are just a few of the impressive titles scheduled to hit the shelves when the cube comes out.
At £100-£200 it is definitely gonna be popular with all.
Hopefully there wont be so many cutey titles that let down the n64 (hooray for perfect dark). Any way looks like it is gonna be big and as nintendo are the most experienced gaming producers here then it is probably a safe bet.

xbox: this is probably the safest console here as microsoft are the biggest computer company in the world. The fact that bill gates is envolved is enough to turn anyone off it but try not to think about it too much. I dont really know much about the launch titles of this console but it is sure to be impressive. at the price the same as the gamecube and is another good buy if you are intrigied by a big black box with an x on the top of it but then the ps2 is doin fine and that never won a beauty contest. so another quality console.

All of these consoles are top. the xbox and cubes cheaper price but do you prefer the ps2 type of game? whichever you choose it wont be wrong, so there is no point getting in an argument about which is better.

cheers apoc

Fri 16/03/01 at 21:35
i think alot of people on this site are being very prejudice towards the gamecube + the xbox. How can they be crap if their both as powerful as the ps2 and arent even out yet so i am going to make afew points on the matter. Im sure all will have mint games anyway so no one should get in arguments about how crap each one is anywho.

ps2: was released at christmas but was £300 which was a bit pricey for some people. It has lived up to its name with some mint games like smugglers run and oni, and some more unbelievably realistic games a comin eg metsl gear solid sons of liberties and zone of enders. We should definitely see some more ace games ans it is scheduled to come down £5o after the xbox and cube are made. definitely worth looking into if you cant wait for the others to come out even if it is a wee bit expensive with sony coming in to the gaming world so popular this is a cool console.

gamecube: This is gonna be the one i will definitely in dulge in as i am a big nintendo fan. It is set to release these new titles:
.zelda 128
.mario128
.and waverace are just a few of the impressive titles scheduled to hit the shelves when the cube comes out.
At £100-£200 it is definitely gonna be popular with all.
Hopefully there wont be so many cutey titles that let down the n64 (hooray for perfect dark). Any way looks like it is gonna be big and as nintendo are the most experienced gaming producers here then it is probably a safe bet.

xbox: this is probably the safest console here as microsoft are the biggest computer company in the world. The fact that bill gates is envolved is enough to turn anyone off it but try not to think about it too much. I dont really know much about the launch titles of this console but it is sure to be impressive. at the price the same as the gamecube and is another good buy if you are intrigied by a big black box with an x on the top of it but then the ps2 is doin fine and that never won a beauty contest. so another quality console.

All of these consoles are top. the xbox and cubes cheaper price but do you prefer the ps2 type of game? whichever you choose it wont be wrong, so there is no point getting in an argument about which is better.

cheers apoc

Fri 16/03/01 at 21:43
Regular
What do you mean people always put the Gamecube down what is wrong with you most of the people are saying the PS2 is bad come on we know the GC is great the X-box on the other hand is Crap don't get it the Japanese don't want it an ither do half of us you all have PC's so what is the point.
Fri 16/03/01 at 22:41
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Nice post Apoc, And I see where you are coming from, the £300 price was a bit much for the Playstation 2! I think there are loads of people who like all the consoles...don't listen to Dringo....there are quite a few people who will try and mess up your topic...I am not saying he is one, don't get me wrong...I just thik that you don't want to take any notice of comments like that.

Some people are out to put you down....screw them POST AS WELL AS YOU CAN!

The Game
Sat 17/03/01 at 09:21
cheers game
Sat 17/03/01 at 09:30
Regular
"I like cheese"
Good post apoc, worthy of a Gameaday win.

Also, you took the unbiased approach. And I liked that.
Of course, I'm not saying that I'm always biased... {:)

Anyway, well done.
Sat 17/03/01 at 09:44
cheers it took me a bit but i just like writing them so i wont be too devastated if i dont win.i think....
Sat 17/03/01 at 10:52
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Good call apoc...

nice post! :)

However... doesnt it take the point out of a discussion forum if nobody states their point of view?!?
Sat 17/03/01 at 10:56
yeh, so ill say that the cube is gonna be the one that rises to the top. i didnt wanna say that in case someone starts havin a go and i just wanted a calm topic.
Sat 17/03/01 at 11:06
I believe the Gamecube will be a very sucessful machine, selling on the back of the GameboyAdvance and Pokemon! Plus of course some original, playable Nintendo games.

As for the X-box there is a huge potential their and the launch games look very good, well from the screenshots. If you want find out more about the X-box launch games then head on over to X-box.com . There are a number of games Microsoft have shown, such as Abes exodus and a new NFL game. The lineup suggests that the X-box games will be very like their PC counterparts, which I think may result in it doing poorly.
However EA have signed up as a developer for the X-box, so if they can produce a FIFA game that looks as good as the NFL game produced for the American market then the X-box should also do well!
Sat 17/03/01 at 11:07
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Different people like different types of game...

Some people love playing platformers ... otherpeople think theyre annoying...

Part of developing as a gamer is finding out what kinda games your into and what games you'd rather leave on the shelf...

Just like movies... no matter how many Oscars English Patient or Titanic gets, and no mattter how many people tell me how much they loved the movie... its just not for me...

Make your own choice about what games you want to play... just because other people are into a game doesnt mean you have to like it... equally just because your not into a game doesnt mean its pants?!?!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.