GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can anyone tell me the general symptoms of..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/12/03 at 12:53
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Faulty RAM, CPU and/or Driver Incompatabilities.
'Cos my new pc keeps crashing in Win98, usually when I use sound or try to use the control panel remove program thing.

Would this be likely to be a driver problem, cpu fault or ram fault?
Thu 04/12/03 at 17:31
"Are you sure?"
Alexrose1uk wrote:
> Any help is appreciated...
> Any...

If you give your post a more descriptive title - i.e. "RAM,CPU,Drivers causing crashes" then you may find more people will respond.

Your title is more suited to a doctors surgery !?!
Mod!
Thu 04/12/03 at 15:29
Regular
"relocated"
The best way to find out would be to update the drivers and see if that helps. Then test the memory. And so on. I call this troubleshooting.

And then, since it is a new PC, install XP and leave the crap (mostly) behind.
Thu 04/12/03 at 14:48
Probably not the CPU.
Thu 04/12/03 at 14:44
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Any help is appreciated...
Any...
Thu 04/12/03 at 12:53
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Faulty RAM, CPU and/or Driver Incompatabilities.
'Cos my new pc keeps crashing in Win98, usually when I use sound or try to use the control panel remove program thing.

Would this be likely to be a driver problem, cpu fault or ram fault?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.