GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Heh, don't flatter yourself, luv."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 29/11/03 at 12:52
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Ricky Gervais appealing for the return of leaked Office scripts, calling them a "christmas present for the nation". Oh. Dear. The Office was weak at best. I think he's fallen foul of the BBC's marketing department.
Fri 05/12/03 at 16:40
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
But it's not exactly Father Ted is it.
Fri 05/12/03 at 16:17
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I never get the impression that The Office is anywhere near as black a comedy as something like Six Feet Under, but that's me.
Fri 05/12/03 at 16:13
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Black*er*
Fri 05/12/03 at 15:32
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Sheesh, I'm not going to try and explain the themes behind the office to you. It was a lot clearer in the 2nd series, if that helps? Maybe you've never seen it.

He's depressed, he's got no future, he's pretty close to being mentally ill (which would count as one of your diseases surely).

The same goes for Tim, we laugh at his complete inability to take control of his life and make things go right for him.

And Gareth - he believes himself to be a macho guy and we laugh at him because everybody takes the mick out of him for being a dweeb.

This isn't light hearted comedy.
Fri 05/12/03 at 15:24
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
We laugh because he makes an idiot out of himself. How is that black?
Fri 05/12/03 at 15:17
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Yep, and David Brent is a guy with serious problems (as are a lot of the characters), which are presented in a way that makes us laugh at them. It's a black comedy.
Fri 05/12/03 at 14:27
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I would see black comedy involving issues like death, disease etc. Or about black people.
Fri 05/12/03 at 14:05
"Darkness, always"
Definition of black comedy:

Black comedy is a subgenre of comedy and satire that deals with a serious subject, that normally would not be humorous, in a humorous manner.

So, depending on how you view general office life, it could be black comedy. From where I stand, the Office falls into the "funny because it's true" category, so not black humour, but other people's experiences will differ...
Fri 05/12/03 at 13:45
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Still waiting for one of these mega-brains to tell me why the Office isn't a black comedy....
Fri 05/12/03 at 12:09
Regular
"twothousandandtits"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.