GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DW's wee post-election speech..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/11/03 at 16:12
Regular
Well, I tried to take advantage of the really poor turnout of votes. I failed, ah well. I never expected 10 votes, if only I had ten votes to dish out in return for the votes I received. Russ started it; I was a little surprised that he voted for me. Must have a fever or something ;c)

Thanks to the following people:

Russ
CGJ
Chrissy P
JAE
Ant
Longster
Lipey
Dan
ELR
Why?

These are the ten who voted for me. Big up them lot. Well done Black Glove, you were obviously going to win, as your are apparently a lot more respected then me. I say apparently as I’ve only ever seen you post twice, once the topic and twice the reply.

The whole voting system seemed messed up. Many people commented as to why I was up there, at one time winning the election, and people like Borat were only getting a minority of the votes they deserved. It appears to be four groups fighting it out now in the elections. You’ve got the person winning the election, and all the people supporting them. Then there’s the person coming second, and their fans. Then there’s the people voting for the true notables and NOT the top two (not that the top two shouldn’t have been Notable) and then there’s the non-voters/people who don’t believe in the elections. That’s why we only received, what, just over 100 votes this time round? Because of these groups, the elections aren’t working. Kinda thing.

Well, I dunno. *shrugs*

Enjoy your golden shower Black Glove. :c) I won’t say you deserve it, as I don’t know. Judging by other people’s posts, you do deserve it…

I’ve been DW. Oh, and as Ali said, the second place will haunt me. I got lucky this time, and no doubt the last two groups I mentioned will try to stop me from getting up there again.

Scott’s just reminded me of something.

He said that Tilty was taking the mick out of me. I haven’t seen it, I think they were deleted. He’s done it in the past, so it was PROBABLY the usual “oh go back to your caravan” crap I get off him. Big man Tilty, big man.

If you didn’t want me to win the elections, fine. I’m not bitter or anything, I accept defeat. I was up there, you wasn’t. If you weren’t happy with me being up in 2nd…read on…

LIKE. IT. OR. LUMP. IT! I don’t give a damn about you, or anyone else who is talking crap about me. “Oh it’s DW, he is annoying, he looks weird, he is immature”. For once, shut the hell up. It’s a selfish world out there, live with it. Dog eat dog, that’s what these elections are. Just because you’re not up there with 10 votes.

That doesn’t apply to the majority of you, but there are the odd few assholes who think it’s funny to say crap about me. Whatever. Grow up, get a life and come back and insult me when your balls have dropped. Fools.

Once again, DW, signing off.
Sat 29/11/03 at 20:41
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Indeed. Well done.
Fri 28/11/03 at 19:51
Regular
Absolu† Neó wrote:
> Weldone that Wycombe man...

YeY. I am being recognized for being a Wyccy lad. Excellent.
Fri 28/11/03 at 19:43
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Weldone that Wycombe man...
Fri 28/11/03 at 18:50
Regular
Just can't help being a trendsetter... :D

Basically I don't buy into the 'flavour of the month' voting that seems to go on, or the 'I haven't seen them post, therefore they're not good enough' e.g. Goatboy. Grandprix makes a brilliant contribution to the WWE forum, he deserved to win it last time - who cares if he doesn't frequent all forums, does Black Glove? This time, I thought of the forums I frequent and DW makes an excellent contribution in the WWE forum, and that is ostensibly what electing a notable is all about - who makes an impact on YOUR visit to the forums.

Well done to Black Glove on this one, better luck next time DW.
Fri 28/11/03 at 18:41
Regular
I've just read two of his little stories in Life and he is a talented individual. Everyone in Life seems to like him a lot, which is hard to achieve on these forums.
Fri 28/11/03 at 18:32
Regular
"smile, it's free"
The thing you have to remember, is that these forums get in excess of 1300 posts per day. There are a dozen or so different forums, so there's no way you're going to recognise every name on that list of top runners, come election time.

Until such time as you frequent every forum daily, you've got no right to criticise someone, or the election process, simply because you've never heard of them.

This post isn't addressed to anyone in particular - or perhaps rather I should say, it is in fact directed at everyone.

I've been impressed with Black Glove's posts right from the start, and I've voted for him in a couple of elections prior to this one. Many of you haven't heard of him, and that's fair enough. That's not a reason for him not to be notable though.

A better reason, if you think about it, would be if you HAD heard of him and read his posts, and were still completely unimpressed.
Fri 28/11/03 at 16:59
Regular
"I like cheese"
Well done Dee-Dubya. :P
Fri 28/11/03 at 16:25
Regular
"tokyo police club"
But I'm Mattribute.
I own (a cow).
Fri 28/11/03 at 16:24
Regular
"SOUP!"
Well done mate.
Fri 28/11/03 at 16:22
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
That would be me. I'm Matt.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.