GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EXTRA EXTRA GAMEADAY PRIZE"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/03/01 at 00:21
Regular
This one closes on April 1st, but it's not an April fool.

Over the coming weeks we are upgrading our search engine. It's having a triple destructurisation operation and invisible lurking terms enhancements.

The prize will go to the person who finds the MOST VALID PROBLEMS across our WHOLE PRODUCT RANGE in the SEARCH FACILITY.

If you think you should be able to search on "Horror Movies", but nothing comes up, then add it to your list.

If you think people will mis-spell gran turismo, then add that too - but test it first.

Use short lists if possible but multiple posts will count together. i.e. all your posts on this subject will add up and count towards the prize.

Closes 9 am on April 1st, 2001.

I recommend you read the details of our searching process which you can click to from a link at Site Map. Basically we use the start of a word, so a search on "thunder" will find "thunderball". If several words are combined it must find all.
Page:
Wed 14/03/01 at 00:21
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
This one closes on April 1st, but it's not an April fool.

Over the coming weeks we are upgrading our search engine. It's having a triple destructurisation operation and invisible lurking terms enhancements.

The prize will go to the person who finds the MOST VALID PROBLEMS across our WHOLE PRODUCT RANGE in the SEARCH FACILITY.

If you think you should be able to search on "Horror Movies", but nothing comes up, then add it to your list.

If you think people will mis-spell gran turismo, then add that too - but test it first.

Use short lists if possible but multiple posts will count together. i.e. all your posts on this subject will add up and count towards the prize.

Closes 9 am on April 1st, 2001.

I recommend you read the details of our searching process which you can click to from a link at Site Map. Basically we use the start of a word, so a search on "thunder" will find "thunderball". If several words are combined it must find all.
Wed 14/03/01 at 00:36
Regular
Heres the first list tony, i have deliberately vague with what im searching for because i for one dont always know EXACTLY what i want to buy. Here goes:

blank cd's (already mentioned)
DC (as in Dremacast but if i search for PS that works)
scary films
blank discs
motherboards (get a list of RAM in the results)
disc drives
power supply (you get a whole mixture, from PS2 speaker power supplies to PC pwer supplies. how about a page with some links on, one links to PS2 supplies, another to PC et etc)

Theres the first lot from me, hope that helps!
Wed 14/03/01 at 00:42
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Remember you can use the pull down menu in the Site Map search facility to narrow your search (with regard to power supplies etc).

Also, most plurals will not work, so if you want to report these just say "most plurals". We'll try to do something about this.
Wed 14/03/01 at 07:09
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
You can't search for a review. I know you don't buy a review but they sure as hell do help when it comes to decision time. I know it would be hard to fit it in, BUT I typed in Mario Review and......nothing...

The Game
Wed 14/03/01 at 07:12
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I typed in 'join' and 'membership' and join membership' and nothing came up. people will want to join on-line and not bother with a phone call. there is no-direct link from the search I think that would be good.

The Game
Wed 14/03/01 at 07:15
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
The horror!!!

'starwars' doesn't return any results...how terrible.

The force is not with this site!

The Game
Wed 14/03/01 at 07:18
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Discussion Forums doesn't work, I don't know if this idea is specifically product related...it is? Oh right, well anyway discussions forums doesn't work, neither does reddies!
Wed 14/03/01 at 07:26
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
A ha, I have found the problem. The search engine DOESN'T split any of the words up. If people don't hit the space bar then they will keep on getting that annoying yellow screen. If you can program your search engine to split the letters up but ion the same order (i.e. put spaces alternatively in different places) then you will be able to return nintendo gameboy if you put nintendogameboy in.

Segadreamcast also doesn't work.

The Game
Wed 14/03/01 at 09:22
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
WhilstIappreciatethe commentsIdon't thinkpeople canexpecttouseasearch enginewithout puttingspaces betweendifferent wordsandfurthermore itwouldtake afeatof artificailintelligence topusthespacesinforthem

But - we will try to add some more well-known sayings and terms.
Wed 14/03/01 at 09:41
Regular
"not dead"
I searched "music" and the first things on the list were the DC and the PS. I think most people searching 'music' would be after PS Multimedia titles?

That the kind of thing you're after?
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.