GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FINALLY THE ANSWERRRRR."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/03/01 at 10:42
Regular
in IGN my question was answered:

Will the Game Boy Advance released in Japan play US games, or vice-versa?

Yes. Like the Game Boy and Game Boy Color, there will not be any sort of territory lockout -- meaning, you'll be able to import a Japanese system and have the ability to play US-released games on it.

and

How much is the system going to cost?

The Game Boy Advance will debut in the US at $99.99 When the system is released in Japan, it will cost 9,800 yen (a little over US$83).

$83 thats like £57!! yes and its universal! yes and the three games I have chosen are Sonic Adventure Advance, Mario Advance and oh yes: Mario Kart Advance.
only three weeks to go!
Sun 11/03/01 at 16:05
Regular
SNIPER wrote:
> SSX Pro shut up.

I didn`t think snoopy ever said anything. Also, who is SSX Pro? He has a name very similar to my own!
Sun 11/03/01 at 16:04
Regular
Because we are using this to post crap.
Sun 11/03/01 at 16:02
Regular
"everyone says it"
and because its an interesting topic!
Sun 11/03/01 at 16:02
Regular
SSX Pro shut up.
Sun 11/03/01 at 16:01
Regular
I have to post here because the title was in capitals which made it look interesting.
Sun 11/03/01 at 14:46
Regular
"everyone says it"
no importing fot me, I get a GBA and two games from Japan and itsa universal console and I save money and the big point I get it before THE GAME.

hehehe
Sun 11/03/01 at 14:44
Regular
IN Japanese probably.
Sun 11/03/01 at 14:40
Regular
I wasn't going to get one as i thought your points were quite sensible, til the last one about me getting one befroe you! lol.

I'm tempted to pre-order one now through SR but i dont know how much they will cost on launch. Has a price been decided upon yet. I dont really want to order one and then find out that i cant actually afford one, im a poor student you see!
Sun 11/03/01 at 14:34
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Don't pre-order a GBA from Japan, please, get one in the UK, you will be sure to get the right one, if there is any problem with your one from Japan then you can't send it back too easily!

Plus you will be sending your money out of the UK and into Japan and they have enough money!!!!! Wait until summer, if you get it now you will screw your grades up you will lose SR money...(:D) and above all you will get one before me!

DOH!

The Game
Sun 11/03/01 at 13:40
Regular
cheers mate! noones come to my resuce yet though

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.