GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Grandslammer"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/11/03 at 13:32
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I was asked a while ago by Ant to make a topic about me becoming the first Grandslammer, so here it is. :)

It's been a few months now since I became the first Grandslammer and I'd like to thank everyone of the writers that gave me the titles. I see the titles as a kind of representation of how you are doing on this forum. They probably aren't in everyone's eyes but if I can't split the two wrestlers I've been given to write, I'd choose the person I feel has contributed to the forum in the recent weeks.

I never really expected to be the first as I needed a couple of titles which were very tough to get. I managed to get them at the same event, Freefall, and I was very surprised to say the least.

Ant has always stated that the Grandslammer would get something like a free game. I found it very difficult to believe so I didn't really pay much attention to the title situation. Ant then came to me afterwards and said that he would finance the game himself. I was speechless. The fact that he was willing to hand a free game over is a great display of generosity but to pay for it himself is beyond words.

I would like to thank Ant for his generosity (although I haven't got the game yet because it isn't out yet). I hope one day I'll be able to return the favour. If you want to talk to me about this Ant, you know where to find me.

Thank you, all of you, because you have all contributed to the success of SRW and long may it continue.
Tue 11/11/03 at 20:17
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Indeed. Well done Matt.

I am quite surprised at the success of SRW but I suppose that when I joined, there already was quite a few people writing matches. :)
Tue 11/11/03 at 19:44
Regular
"AFC 4EVA"
Although i dont know Grandprix and not a member of SRW, i would like to say well done to you, must be quite an acheivment.
Tue 11/11/03 at 19:43
Regular
"gsybe you!"
SR continues to, er, not amaze me eaxctly...

Mystify.

haha.

:)
Tue 11/11/03 at 19:10
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Fígó wrote:
> But anyways, when i first came here, i thought that the whole idea of
> SRW was, well... erm, crap to be honest :D, and that people would
> never devote their time to writing matches.

Ditto.

:-D
Tue 11/11/03 at 16:03
Regular
Antteh certainly is a generous chap. :)

But anyways, when i first came here, i thought that the whole idea of SRW was, well... erm, crap to be honest :D, and that people would never devote their time to writing matches.

But since then SRW has grown and grown and more people have joined adding different ideas to SRW. Its suprised me just how good SRW is.

*Looks at championship records* Only two titles to go for me, the SRW Heavyweight title and the CAW Heavyweight title. Two of the hardest mind..
Mon 10/11/03 at 19:09
Regular
Hehe, nice stuff GP, congrats :) Your right, Ant is very generous :) I'd just like to thank you all for letting me be a part of SRW :)
Mon 10/11/03 at 17:10
Regular
"I like cheese"
w00t, congrats Matt. {:)

A game should be easy for me to finance, through either GAD or just money (should be gettin a job soon lol.) SRW has been going about two years now, and it's always been my aim for a reward for the first grandslammer.

I need to also apologise for my absence, stuff has gotten on top of me recently - friends, family, girls (ahem), and the 6th form work is continuing to grow. I managed to write my EC part and a short match for BreakDown, and hopefully I'll find some more time over the next few weeks.
Mon 10/11/03 at 15:46
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yep, I've got it. Cheers. I'll see what I can do with it. :)
Mon 10/11/03 at 15:44
Regular
Sent.

Got it yet?
Mon 10/11/03 at 15:41
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.