GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"IS the Playstation 2 to really worth spending 300 odd pounds?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/03/01 at 17:29
Regular
All im saying is that yeah the playstation 2 has a DVD in it, yeah it has the best Graphics any console has ever been able to produce but other console makers like Nintendo and Dreamcast will target this oppurtunity. They will bring out new consoles with better Graphics and better gameplay for a lot less than £300 making the Playstation a lot less popular for example the gamecube. If you think about kids these day dont have £300 lying around anywhere and there mum and dad arent just gonna give them £300 quid so my advice is either buy the gamecube or wait till the price goes down.
Mon 12/03/01 at 06:16
I've mentioned this somewhere before, but I'll resurrect it to reiterate some things that have been already posted on here: SEGA seems to be *very* interested in the Gamecube.

In an interview with one of SEGA's suits, the interviewer asked about SEGA producing games for next-gen consoles: the suit's answer? "What do you know about the Gamecube?" The interviewer never brought it up; the guy from SEGA did, and he never once mentioned the X-Box throughout the whole interview. That's bad if you're Microsoft right now, since it illustrates SEGA's blatant support of their old rival.

As for Namco...I've read numerous articles where they've commented upon how Sony has cost them a ton of money with the way they've handled the PS2; I've also come across numerous ones where they said, quite specifically, that they'd be supporting the Gamecube as much as possible. True, they might do the same for the X-Box, but with SEGA's interests directed (seemingly) towards the Big N, I'd say this is damaging to the X-Box's prospects.
Sun 11/03/01 at 20:17
s'ok
Sun 11/03/01 at 20:03
Regular
There was a distinct lack of proper english in tat last post, and i apologise.
Sun 11/03/01 at 20:02
Regular
If the 'Cube will only be £199, im gonna order me one now!
Sun 11/03/01 at 19:13
Regular
The Gamecube won't be £300, I'm beyond 100% certain of that.

I do expect £199, mind... it would be nice if it was cheaper, but I expect no less that the original price of the Dreamcast...
Sun 11/03/01 at 18:39
Regular
ah yes but end of the day £300.
Sun 11/03/01 at 18:22
Ok - VF4 was supposed to be exclusive, but then Crazy Taxi was also.

I reckon GC will cost you £199.99 because it will.
Sun 11/03/01 at 18:21
Ok - VF4 was supposed to be exclusive, but then Crazy Taxi was also.
Sun 11/03/01 at 18:10
Regular
1). Sonic Adventure 2. Not just Gamecube mind...

2). Virtua Fighter 4. Once again, all consoles, don't believe it's a PS2 exclusive.

3). The Sega/Nintendo RPG. Rumoured for about a year, just about confirmed not so long ago.

4). The Shenmue franchaise. This one is just rumoured at the moment though... but still an obvious choice.

5). Crazy Taxi 2. Another obvious one.

I know this sounds rather crap... but Sonic Team, and Sega itself have been dropping hints like anything over the last few months... and even though NO games have been OFFICIALLY announced, Sega have said more than once in interviews that people should expect very special things for the Gamecube, and how they will be backing Nintendo tremedously over the next gen wars.
Sun 11/03/01 at 18:02
One step ahead of the game...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.